View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Children matter is on a distinguished road

Hi
I started like this; you can modify:

In my setting, I have had to put in place a number of measures to ensure compliance with requirements of legislation covering home based childcare, and the role of regulatory bodies:
These measures had to be in place in order for me to start my practice as a childminder. Where I am based is here in England; Ofsted inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people. Their role and aim as a regulatory body is to promote and improvement the services they inspect and regulate, to benefit children, young people, parents and carers.
If one wished to become a childminder or care for children under the age of 8yrs, one will have to register with one of the UK's regulatory bodies by law. There is also a voluntary register for those that wish to work with children over 8yrs.

Which Body you register with will depend on what part of the UK you live and wish to work in.
If you live/work in-

England - The office for standards in education (Ofsted)
Northern Ireland- the local health and social services trust
Scotland- the Scottish commission for regulation of care (the care commission)
Wales- the care and social services inspectorate for Wales (CSSIW)

Here in England Ofsted inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people. Their aim is to promote and improvement the services they inspect and regulate, to benefit children, young people, parents and carers.

By law Ofsted are allowed to carry out inspections to insure child care practitioners are complying with the requirements.

Anyone wishing to be on either part of the register must meet with requirements at all time when providing childcare

You must have the following in place at all times while providing childcare.

Certificate of registration
This will be issued by Ofsted and you must inform them of any changes that may affect it within 14 days e.g. if you have a baby or move home
Public liability insurance
Can be provided by the national child-minding association (NCMA) and is renewable yearly
Paediatric first aid
Must be provided by a recognised body and is renewable every 3 years.
Enhanced CRB
This will be carried out by Ofsted and must be renewed every 3 years.
An introduction to child care
This must be completed before or within 6 months of registration.
Ofsted complaints procedure
This poster must be displayed at all times while providing childcare.