Thread: help
View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Milly Molly Mandy is on a distinguished road

I've just done mine. We have a pirate and princess theme this term and I did the session in 3 stages over 40 minutes continuous. First phase was creativity - I gave the children option of writing their own story, creating their own play using dress-up box and musical instruments or craft activity making model or collage using various resources. All pirate/princess based. They all went for the craft though some asked if they could write the story at home and bring it in the next day. I had printed some pirate and princess writing paper out to make the activity more attractive. 2nd phase was to re-enact one of the short stories they had had that day using dresss-up and musical instruments. 3rd phase - plenary was to encourage the children to show how they would move if in a ship on rough seas, smooth seas, swamping the deck, climbing to the crow's nest, feeling sea sick etc. Kids loved this bit!. I also asked them for their own suggestions for other movement on ship. They suggested walking the plank and sword fighting. I gave 20 minutes for first session and 10 minutes for last 2 sessions. My assessor loved it! Have you got a particular theme going at the moment and what age are the children?