View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline 985 View Post
I have drawn a table and written the ages at the side as sequence then put all the 6 areas of development at the top as heading and then written down what each age group can do as rate. Not sure this is right but that is my understanding of the assignment . Oh well that's the best I can do if it's incorrect then the assessor will have to show me what is required. I don't need more stress I have more than enough to deal with at work !!!!
Hi, the word rate does cause confusion.

The rate of children's development is the speed at which development happens.
The sequence of children's development is the order in which development happens.

It may be easier to look at the phrase rate & sequence as an approach to reviewing what you do, checking your work over, rather than naming areas of your chart as a sequence or rate, both can confusingly apply to the other.

Professional publications include a huge amount of information, 'steps, stages, expectations for identifying elements of children's development - eyfs development matters, the good thing is that for this table or chart the ages 0 to 19 limits what you need to include.

By placing the ages down one side of a table you will be able to see later how old an individual is when they accomplish a skill or action that you've put into the chart. This is the percieved speed, a rate of attainment - how quickly they got there if young, how late if passed the age indicator. Individual children reach these earlier or later than others and the age that you've put next to that specific development info is a regulator for what's considered atypical/usual/safe/no cause for concern.

By placing the ages down one side of the table in their correct numerical order you've also ensured the sequence is right and again used rate, by recognising how important it is for children to become a year or other older.

Are you able to get in touch with a tutor or assessor to check if the 6 areas of learning are what they're expecting you to fill the chart with?

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers