View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarah.payne is on a distinguished road
Default Feeling like i'm not going to get anywhere on this course

espically in my placement. I have gave school a list of what I need to be doing and how invovd I need to be etc within the class and they said it wouldn't be a problem and they will sort it out etc. Now I hardly do anything in class. I know and understand they have 3 teachers for the set groups and they seem to be doing all the assessing etc and filling out the learning journals.
I haven't been given any of that to do and just seem to be mingling with the children while I also know and understand this is just as important as well I do feel I need to be involved in other things espically as I am training for level 3 qualifaction.
I have done 2 observations in school which I spoke to them about and tried to do another one today and was told I couldn't and shouldn't be doing it as need to play witht he children.
While we were doing number work last week I noticed a child could count up to 40 on his own and was very confident about doing it so I wrote it on a post it note like the others do and later in the day I found the post it note in the bin. It's feels like my assessments and small observations I do of the children are not worth anything. The other post it notes are all kept in pockets but mine wasn't put in thier.

I just feel the placement is not giving me enough hands on work and really dreading my assessor coming in to see me as I know I won't be doing anything

-----------------------------------------