Thread: Quitting
View Single Post
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

mummy edwards is on a distinguished road

I am a mature student and went straight into level 3 without doing the 2 and I have struggled all the way, I have 2 young children and I volunteer at the nursery on the days that my 2 year old goes, My assessor has been great even though I was put on the back burner due to another assessor leaving and leaving her students in limbo. So my assessor has been given extra time to observe me, I was suppose to finish at the begging of april but have got till the end of may to finish all the written before she starts marking everything, the course would have been 9 mths which is a stupid time frame as others get 2 years to do. I am now on my last unit 304, which is nearly finished.
Gracygrey i would discuss it with your assessor first, if she does not give a dam then see if you can get a new one who will help, and I am sure the staff you work with are happy helping you, as they should know how hard it is, the people I work with are great at giving me a nudge in the right direction and of course this site has been invaluable. If I can help you with any of the questions then I will, please don't give up yet it is so worth it. x