View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

squidgey is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone.
I started my A1 in November'10, I feel for you new to assessing, i also found it hard to grasp the concept of observations, to begin with I did one large obs covering everything i could think of it ended up being 16 pages long in order to cross it over into as many units as i could, I firstly asked my candidate to choose a theme on hygiene, self care awareness physical activity and quiet rest times.

it was hard going trying to keep up with what i was seeing, writing quick enough before i lost track and missed stuff out as the activities rolled very smothly from one to another the minder and children were so actively involved in what they were doing.

I found it easier to take a note pad with me instead of our worksheets as i could then take time when i got home to read through and put it all together properly. whilst re reading you will remember things that you didnt get time to write down.

hope this is encouraging.

I have now almost completed I am just waiting for my countersigner to come with me to do an obs on me giving feedback to my candidate.
then ready for submission and certification.

-----------------------------------------