View Single Post
Unread 02-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Magic Sue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
I was once asked why we were covering chinese new year, my reply was to cover the multicultural aspect in the setting, their reply was " have you any chinese children if not then why are you doing it" feedback please as we are covering it on Thursday rebels!!!!
Hi we do have a child who's mother is chinese and her father is English, but we would've covered this anyway to promote all cultures and diversity, both the childs parents are supportive of this and have offered to bring in decorations, we also visited a local chinese supermarket, we picked up snacks, decorations, new years lucky envelopes, cards, newspapers, chopsticks and a few other things, we asked if children could bring in a toy bunny, put books and pictures supporting this celebration around the setting and our cook is cooking some chinese meals for the day, we even have some fortune cookies for the staff!

ps i agreee with what you said about the advisors, sometimes they are frustrating!!!!!

Last edited by Magic Sue : 02-02-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: added another comment