Thread: unit 323
View Single Post
Unread 10-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

ok lets see if i can remember what I did....
safety issues.... well my setting dosnt use internet either but I googled and found plenty of advice for settings to apply so that you can filter internet sites ect, windows has some info so you can print that off, write about how seeing unsuitable material could affect children. Usefull online and offline resources, well there is a ton of web sites that help you with that....http://ictearlyyears.e2bn.org/ this one links to eysf which is great

many of the magazines from the early years sector have websites that you can join (for a fee) so I wrote about the types of additonal resorces available to memebers, this is alwalys in the magazine so perhaps borrow some from your setting or find them on line...
I also used magazines to answer the next one about rapidly developing area, as they oftern list new software comming available.
also if it helps, I did an audit of the software we had at work
I made a chart of the title, the softwares main features, weather it was usable to children who have english as an additonal launguage, what age it was appropriate for and were I could link it to the EYSF and the areas of development. ( can't remember which pc that was for now, but I showed how it would help other staff use ict for their assessment of children)
I also put that I oftern share photos of group activities via a digital photo frame that we have at work, and how parents shared their photos of trips with us via photos on memory sticks and cd roms.....there was a pc or ks about sharing with parents I think.

I hope that helps x
just by the by, I didnt think assessors were supposed to choose your units, I choose this one as I use the ict alot in our setting, so I wonder if you really dont get on with it why you can't pick your own units?
good luck with it anyway xx