Thread: Menu Ideas
View Single Post
Unread 10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykatty2000 View Post
We have a small snack when we first pick the children up (menu fine on this bit) the other is the main meal what is always cold as we have the children in 2 different places so cooked things would just go cold anyway. The only cooked thing we really do what we dont mind going cold is pizza, but the main manager also has put rice on what we cook but by the time the children eats it it's cold and the children dont like it (mind you i wouldnt like it either).

x x
Are there any worktops/areas/rooms (safety permitting of course) where you dish out and get the children's food ready?

If so, have you thought or investing in a rice cooker. I use one at home it takes about 20 minutes to cook and automatically switches over to 'keep warm' when cooked. I have a large size one that will cook up to 12 adult portions -more than enough to feed three to four times more children.

If you have a safe area away from the children, possibly a microwave would allow you to warm up things to go with rice, or you could cook/heat things such as scotch pancakes (obviously adhering to heath and safety).

And a toaster would also allow you to offer warm food. A nice piece of warm toast and butter/spread/jam or with soup (placed in large flasks - food flasks if it is chunky soup) would go down well after something cold in winter.

Cold food is alright, but in the depths of winter warm food is a lot nicer even when premises are heated - if you are able to provide it.