View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Sarah much the same experiences as yourself as a receiving parent and in the job. It took a really long time for me to understand why I reject many of the suggestions & bits of paper that are sent home aiming only to help my own children's learning and equally as long to try and learn how not take it to heart when professional efforts appear unsuccessful. I shifted benchmarks to measure how pleasing efforts are rather than how materials are or aren't actually used - it's one way that's helped develop practice & adapt objectives. Your success definitely looks to be the response you get from parents enjoying you reaching them, for me it's in knowing how the site's visitor numbers are growing. The occasional feedback on a resource gives a total lift & sometimes opens a new route xx

Successful shares, possibly moving away from a need to evidence or proove children's learning at home to a more flexible approach of sharing experiences. What do mums & dads do? Would they provide a defintion of a 'work' word that you could use with the children?

xx
the cost of ad blockers