View Single Post
Unread 06-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshie View Post
Has anyone used one of these? I have bought one online and love it. It has been put together by a childminder and i think its fab, saved me so much time, but now i am worrying that Ofsted may not approve cos i not done it myself from scratch? Opinions/experiences anyone?

Thanks
It sounds like a great idea - which site did you get it from?

I've made up my own - but am never adverse to sharing other ideas - either to add, adjust or change anything that I think improves my provision.

I am sure Ofsted don't mind where you get your policies and procedures from as long as they are relevant to your setting. In the log book you have bought perhaps there's something that isn't relevant to you, so you could always remove it, or not use that page.

Equally, if you feel you need something that's not in the log book, you could always add a form such as you have a garden, so you add a risk assessment for outdoors, whereas the log book may have been compiled by someone operating from a flat and never goes out - highly unlikey, but just an example.

So as long as the risk assessments are relevant and cover everything for your setting, log books are fine - whether you use it wholly or as a template.