View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

focus on the creative process.......think about a wall display in a setting...does it look imaculate? pristine and perfect? are all the pieces of work neat, perfect?

when I ask the children to make say........fluffy sheep for my wall display...do I make them sit and glue the heads on exactly the right place or do I allow the child to stick the head on were they want to? does it matter if they stick eyes on the feet? lol ( and yes this has happened!) and when all the children have finished do I only put the perfect ones on the wall as it will look neat and tidy? No I dont, because each child has produced a piece of work that....might not look like what its supposed to be but it is their own work! they have made it to their level of development, if they know were the eyes go then good, if not then we can talk about that and expand on it .... have you ever been to a setting and seen the most amazing wall display....thats obviously adult led and not had much imput from the children? I have...and while it looks lovely, It probably didnt have much impact on the childrens learning and development!

this is the sort of think I wrote, hope that helps. x