View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDora View Post
Do you mean homeschool diaries for passing 1)messages between school and parents or 2)so parents know what the children do while at the setting?

If it's 1 currently we just verbally pass the messages on however EYDO said we really should be writing it down in one central book (as proof of communication between parents, us and nursery) and getting the teacher/ parent to sign i discussed this with teachers who said that would make life difficult for them to have to read and sign at dropping off time so i'm considering buying one of those duplicate copy books which we can write the note in then rip off and give to teacher/ parent then we have a permanent copy for ourselves

If it's 2 i have a real issue with this as our nursery/ school doesn't give feedback on each child's day however they do have parents evening which we don't so i'm considering a termly/ half termly report sheet covering things such as behaviour? targets we have been working on? toys they like playing with? etc
we have been told we have to imperment what the child is doing at school and link in with them but our school doesnt seem to want to have that link, our development worker have just changed so at the min we dnt have one just feel like bashing my head