View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Karen C is on a distinguished road

Wow why such a big reflective account, have these not been observed? My assessor observed my appraisal and that pretty much covered it.

The easiest way I found, is to put it into sub headings for which order they need to go in and which PCs link together, so:

304.1 (q1) + 301.2 (q4) Explain how you monitor processes, practices and outcomes from your own work - This one wasn't covered in my appraisal so I wrote an account for reflective practice. So explain how you spend time reflecting on your practice, explain how you do this maybe give an example (this is all in unit 304 of the books but shout if you want an example)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

304.1 (q2) evaluate your performance - so when filling in your appraisal form what did you put? Explain how you discussed with the person who did your appraisal areas in your knowledge, understanding and skills where you would like to develop further or feel you need additional support - Cover this in your appraisal write up. Write about what you discussed e.g. what you have achieved, what your strengths are and where you need additional support.

304.1 (q3) How well you think you interact with others - explain that in your appraisal you discussed your partnerships and any areas you feel you need support or improvement i.e. you miss your key child in the morning due to the time you come in, so you do not get to talk to the childā€™s parents.

304.1 (q4) share your reflections with others - write about who you shared your reflections with, so whoever did your appraisal, what feedback did they give you? And from this feedback did you see any areas you have missed in your own reflection? Re: they feel you need support with the EYFS curriculum

304.1 (q5) how reflecting helped you to resolve a problem - so from your appraisal and any problems you discussed, how did this help you to resolve the problem i.e. you discussed with the person who did you appraisal your concerns and they offered their solution

304.1 (q6) + 304.2 (q2) + 304.2 (q3) from reflection with the person who did your appraisal, what did you discuss you could do to improve your practice? Did you devise an action plan with a time scale? What did they offer you? E.g. to attend additional training and did you discuss any additional training you had seen that you would like to attend?

I hope this makes some sense to you and I havent confused you more

Karen