View Single Post
Unread 06-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Toadess is on a distinguished road
colouring

I have sat with a little boy today, who how shall I put this... can be challenging if not VERY demanding!!
Our theme this week is Nursery rhymes today being "Hey diddle diddle" The boy sat for a very long time colouring in the picture, taking so much time and effort choosing his coloured pencils/crayons, ensuring he stayed within the lines, being polite and sharing with his peers. And like you said the table was never empty with children who enjoyed, and join in discussions about the activity and other items,(Mum likes wine in bed?? ) everything was so calm, even saying the nursery rhyme, and no two pictures were the same. I myself found it very theraputic.
I also feel very guilty when I extend the activity with a colouring picture, When people say "You use colouring pictures?" shock horror!!! :starry-ey There is like you say some plain paper so the more creative can draw their own or even try to copy.
When I was little it was great if you got a colouring book and pencils. (I'm I showing my age now???):blush: