View Single Post
Unread 06-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

portchesterqueen is on a distinguished road

I have read some that have done the open university course have found it a struggle and others that said it fitted in with them. I like attending, only Tuesdays 1.15pm until 7.30pm. there is a lot of research, book list reading and assignments to write but you get lots of tutorials, guidance and help, plus, there is always someone there to talk to. You get feedback from tutors and make a great bunch of friends whom you get to do tasks together with. I personally prefer this way, that's not to say that the open university will not work as well for you?
At first i found it all overwhelming,i've just finished my first year and have to say, so glad that i've got summer hols off. Each assignment is 1500 words, i've had x4 each term there is also a large portfolio of 6000 words to have done by xmas. It is a lot, especially if you are working and have children, which is what i have to look after, as well as a puppy (I must be mad!!!!). But the benefits and sense of achievement you get is worth every sleepless night!! Go for it...
regards
portchesterqueen

Last edited by portchesterqueen : 06-26-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: typos