Thread: Uniforms
View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Twinks

Our staff have sweatshirts for winter and T-shirts for summer. We also have some tabards for students/volunteers. Our colour is dark purple - I could kill who ever chose it as although very smart and suitable for both sexes, its not a commonly made colour and a bit of a pain to source. We had to buy purple material for the tabards and one of our staff's mother in laws made them for us!

Children have an optional purple sweatshirt if parents wish to buy at cost price.

I would advise anyone looking for logos to try embroidered rather than printed. Embroidery incurrs a set-up charge, but once thats paid, there is no minimum quantity. We use a local firm and I often go in an get a couple at a time if new children start. The logos also last longer and look smarter.

Screenprinting is usually only available in a "batch" quantity - we were quoted 12 minimum from several companies. They also charge a set-up cost per screen - ie per colour, so if your logo has 3 colours, it takes 3 screens to achieve it and therefore exttra cost.