Thread: 333 level 4
View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lucy is on a distinguished road

Right ok!!!
K16 - i said that i liaise with other nursery owners within my area and use internet forums to gain knowledge about what their staff turnovers were like, i talked about the fact that we all seemed to experience high turnover due to the same reasons such as employing young staff, pregnancy and staff wages.

K07 - i talked about how i look at the staff team as a whole, if there were not enough qual staff in a particular area i would have a shuffle to ensure we were meeting requirements, also talked about promoting existing staff members or employing from outside. Obvious adv + disadv are that existing staff familiar to the nursery but may not have the management skills required and employing from outside may bring in new ideas although will take a while for them to settle in and become familiar with nursery.

K15 - i said that i kept records of all applicants to discover how their skills match the person spec and to gauge how many people were applying for jobs. i then used this info to work out the best places to advertise for the future

K17 - i talked about how our local early years team provide alot of info for people who are thinking of working in the area, recruitment open days that some nurseries hold and staff volunteer schemes.

Hope this is helpful, its a bit rushed, but did not have alot of time!!