View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

babe is on a distinguished road

Feel as if i must answer you here! I am a new assessor - been doing it 2 months now and just started my A1 last week!! I am trying to start off with good practice suggestions and ideas so that i can be the best possible assessor for my learners!!!! I have a real passion for putting good quality future nursery nurses through their NVQ's, after all these people are going to be the ones who I leave my children with and I will not put people through just for the sake of it!!! I have worked in childcare for 16 years and I recently closed my own nursery where my staff were put through their paces and all of them now have senior management positions!!! So, forgive me if I want to make sure that my learners get the best and most enjoyable experience from their NVQ'S! I also thought this site was about sharing info and ideas, and I have put many posts in giving advice to learners who are struggling with what their assessors are looking for either through not being reliable or basically a lack of communication as to whats expected from them! Also, many thanks Topaz glam for your comments and advice!! These are everyday tasks aswell aren't they so should be okay with these obs! I agree whole heartedly about sharing info and helping each other out - this is an area I feel very passionate about so needed to air this in my reply.