Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recipes (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Recipes with no cooking involved? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3767)

Chelltune 03-22-2008 04:34 PM

Recipes with no cooking involved?

Do you have any recipes for things that can be made without cooking other than perhaps melting butter/chocolate?

It also needs to be something that the children can take home an hour later?

The lady who runs our toddler group asked if I had any ideas. Other than chocolate crispy cakes and decorating biscuits I can't think of anything.

sarahnev707 03-22-2008 06:10 PM

Beware eating anything made by a child which has not been thoroughly cooked... :yummy:

noah 03-22-2008 06:37 PM

peppermint creams.. use dried egg white or you can buy icing sugar with it in these days for royal icing

can make the mix into mice shapes without the peppermint using those long strawberry laces for tails

fruit kebabs, we use cocktail sticks and thread on fruit to eat, or could be fruit salad

Back to chocolate but coat apples with it!

dips with fromage frais or cream cheese and veg sticks

Chelltune 03-22-2008 07:40 PM

Thanks, I'll look at the peppermint creams, I remember making those as a child with my Nan.

Chelltune 03-22-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahnev707 (Post 11405)
Beware eating anything made by a child which has not been thoroughly cooked... :yummy:

Scaredy cat, I'd have thought being surrounded by children all the time you'd have a strong stomach! :laughing:

sarahnev707 03-22-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelltune (Post 11411)
Scaredy cat, I'd have thought being surrounded by children all the time you'd have a strong stomach! :laughing:

Bah humbug! What is it about children...? The minute you wash their hands and put anything remotely needing to stay clean in their vicinity... they put their fingers straight up their noses for a quick poke around... or worse!... Ewww!

Just wanted say thank you for my lovely stuff Chell... it arrived today :D

Chelltune 03-22-2008 11:18 PM

LOL, my son is a nose picker and my daughter is a thumb sucker. She got crayola washable pens all over her hands last week then sucked her thumb. Her tongue was all purple. She had a dental check up a couple of hours later, I was so relived that the colour had gone otherwise the dentist would have thought she'd been sucking horrible coloured sweets.

Glad you liked your things, sorry, I read your email while DD was sat on my lap and I forgot to go back and reply.

Hija 03-24-2008 10:16 PM

a while ago i used biscuits and bananas, but that did not last long, kids could not resist I gues... I had biscuits in small pieces, crumbs even, children where choping bananas in slices and where covering bananas in crumbs. it was fun :)