Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=272)
-   -   new to nvq4 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3740)

donzo 03-17-2008 12:32 PM

new to nvq4

hi all,

I have just received all of my info on my nvq4 ccld and oh my god where do i start?
i have been told to start with 401 and to be honest i just dont know how to start it off.
any help would be appreciated.
thank you
Donna

Ruthierhyme 03-17-2008 01:10 PM

Hi Donna, a warm welcome to Silkysteps :smile: how heavy is the box it's all kept in ? :D

We have lots of wonderful members here who I'm sure will be along to give you some great 'getting started' advice.

Are you attending at college or through the OU ?

donzo 03-17-2008 01:19 PM

Hi
I am doing it through a training center. my assessor will be coming out every four weeks to see me at the nursery that i manage.
Donna

Ruthierhyme 03-17-2008 02:06 PM

Excellent, its always a huge relief when a good time schedule is given !!

Personally I'd take the introduction as a starting point and begin jotting down a list of all the relationships that are currently in place with the group and yourself, possibly with the most obvious ones uppermost & then the not so obvious ones ..

*Parents, Health visitor, EY Department, Local School/s, Accountant, Committee ...

Link to NVQ4 CCLD Unit 401.PDF - Establish and Develop Working Relationships

Biggest question .. are you looking forward to it all ?

donzo 03-17-2008 03:07 PM

yes I am very excited about it..it has been many years since I studied, am sure I will be ok once I get something down on paper.
I am also not familiar with the nvq format so it is just all a bit daunting at the moment.

Donna

sally23 03-17-2008 03:48 PM

Hi Donna
I think weve spoken through another sight - I e mailed you some stuff on 401
How are you finding it!! Have you got started??
Ive nearly finished 401 and it has been hard especially when you have been away from training on this level. Its one thing doing it day in and day out at work but getting it down on paper and reflecting on why we do things can be much different.
I will help all I can
Sally

donzo 03-17-2008 04:27 PM

Hi Sally

Yes we did speak thanks for that.
i still have not managed to put anything do on paper but i am going to sit down and sort it tonight........... watch this space

can you recommend any books?

sally23 03-17-2008 05:46 PM

I have ....
Early Years - Management in Practice by Maureen Daley, Elisabeth Byers and Wendy Taylor
and
Advanced Early Years - Care and Education Lelels 4 and 5 printed by Heinemann

Sometimes they are useful and other times they dont seem to help at all!!:reading:

How does you assessor want you to start mine told me what we would cover by professional discussion and what I would ned to research and write down on an open evidence sheet.
My advice would be take it one step at a time- little steps now to achieve a greater goal later:spin:

donzo 03-18-2008 04:14 PM

Hi
I have been told to answer all of my k numbers before i do anything else...
Donna

Butterflyfllutterby 03-18-2008 05:10 PM

Hi

I have completed all knowledge questions on Units 401 - 404, 402 i have been observed on and is totally finished and has been signed off. Still have the observations and some reflections to do on the other 3. I have started the knowledge questions on one of my optional units, but due to being unwell lately i am finding it really hard to get motivated again. I always strive to answer one long question per evening if they are smaller needing less detail i do a few this by doing it this way i usually complete the knowledge question in around 4 weeks. Good luck with your this site is really helpful if you feel you are struggling.