Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   HELP PLEASE!! Responding to concerns and allegations - Safegaurding (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22163)

onecookie1997 04-06-2021 08:20 PM

HELP PLEASE!! Responding to concerns and allegations - Safegaurding

Describe how to respond to concerns from colleagues, parents and/or carers that a child has been abused or harmed, including allegations made against a member of staff and the notification periods to Ofsted.

I've struggling with the 'allegations made against a member of staff and the notification periods to Ofsted.' part! :banghead:feelin the confusion.arghh

How would I respond in the situation where allegations have been made against a member of staff? ----

I've been researching for well over an hour with no straight answer. You know when you know but can't write it out!! That's me at the minute :question help ! Please help. :SOS help

Ruthierhyme 04-07-2021 01:42 AM

Hi, are you able to ask your setting for the policy and procedures that cover this? They will have one. It will lay out how all staff members are expected to respond to any allegation and the notification periods relating to Ofsted.

For example, should a parent come to you with an allegation, your setting might expect you to refer them to more senior management or the person responsible for safeguarding in your setting, you would be expected to maintain confidentiality, report and record any information you have and maybe be part of future meetings if that is appropriate.

If it helps in the meantime page 92+ of this EYE handbook is good reading.

and section 3 of the EYFS frameworrk (if you're working in england) under Child Protection page 23 states this about notification periods:

3.8. Registered providers must inform Ofsted or their childminder agency of any allegations of serious harm or abuse by any person living, working, or looking after children at the premises (whether the allegations relate to harm or abuse committed on the premises or elsewhere). Registered providers must also notify Ofsted or their childminder agency of the action taken in respect of the allegations. These notifications must be made as soon as is reasonably practicable, but at the latest within 14 days of the allegations being made. A registered provider who, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with this requirement, commits an offence.

Hope this helps, all the best xx

onecookie1997 04-07-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme (Post 66298)
Hi, are you able to ask your setting for the policy and procedures that cover this? They will have one. It will lay out how all staff members are expected to respond to any allegation and the notification periods relating to Ofsted.

For example, should a parent come to you with an allegation, your setting might expect you to refer them to more senior management or the person responsible for safeguarding in your setting, you would be expected to maintain confidentiality, report and record any information you have and maybe be part of future meetings if that is appropriate.

If it helps in the meantime page 92+ of this EYE handbook is good reading.

and section 3 of the EYFS frameworrk (if you're working in england) under Child Protection page 23 states this about notification periods:

3.8. Registered providers must inform Ofsted or their childminder agency of any allegations of serious harm or abuse by any person living, working, or looking after children at the premises (whether the allegations relate to harm or abuse committed on the premises or elsewhere). Registered providers must also notify Ofsted or their childminder agency of the action taken in respect of the allegations. These notifications must be made as soon as is reasonably practicable, but at the latest within 14 days of the allegations being made. A registered provider who, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with this requirement, commits an offence.

Hope this helps, all the best xx

Hiya, thanks for the prompt and clear response!

I'd already conjured up something similar, but this has helped me add a little bit onto my work that I missed.

Thank you for the help!
:With love: