Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=272)
-   -   Standards and benchmarks (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17313)

jane71 01-16-2013 05:20 PM

Standards and benchmarks

:banghead:Hi, am evaluating my knowledge and performance using standards and benchmarks. I have been looking at the EYFS stautory requirements and SEN codes of Practice. Was wondering if my job description and the settings policies and procedures could be used as well? Thank you for looking :hissyfit:

littlemiss25 05-11-2013 12:07 PM

I need help with this too!!

jane71 05-11-2013 04:10 PM

Hi littlemiss25, i have completed this unit and had it marked off. I used the revised EYFS, LSCB guidelines and the SEN code of practice as standards and benchmarks. I looked at my responsibilities and what i do well and what areas need improving. I have recently introduced supervision meetings acccording to the EYFS requirements, these are on-going, action plans have been put in place and are reflected upon. I have implemented and supported practitioners with the new Progress check at age 2 and have introduced a cohort as part of our summative assessments. i also added as a weakness that i needed to strengthen and update my knowledge and practice concerning safeguarding and child protection in order to lead the team.

littlemiss25 05-12-2013 01:05 PM

Thank you jane71 - that was a great help!

mandojane 06-11-2014 01:09 PM

I have wrote about a weakness and how to overcome this etc but don't really know what to add - I find it hard to talk about strengths

Ruthierhyme 06-11-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandojane (Post 57904)
I find it hard to talk about strengths

you shouldn't :) this isn't trumpet blowing, once you've identified them it's about recognising you have a greater interest or aptitude for specific areas be it your internal team work, multi-agency partnerships, safeguarding or maybe organising the environment or paperwork

both strengths & weaknesses can be bettered so always room for improvement in each xx

SCH 52 on ocr
Standards and benchmarks may include:
• Codes of practice
• Regulations
• Minimum/essential standards
• National occupational standards

mandojane 06-11-2014 03:29 PM

Thank you - i'll look at those

I only have this left 'Explain factors to consider when selecting opportunities and activities for keeping knowledge and practice up to date'

Can anyone offer any tips on this please

Thank you in advance

Ruthierhyme 06-11-2014 04:34 PM

Hi, personally, this would be the benefits of the opportunity & activity for colleagues & own professional practice, any recommendations that had been given and why, cost, location, time and relevance of training events.

Newsletter signups, online sources that can be visited regularly, research, study cases & case reviews, following up comments from colleagues, memberships & magazine subscriptions are also good where reading can be done in work and at leisure.

Page 62+ of the handbook is supportive

Best wishes

jjme20 03-18-2018 05:37 PM

need help asap with this question really struggling any help please?x