Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   OFSTED (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=271)
-   -   Ofsted (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1696)

FARLEYS 11-15-2006 01:37 PM

Ofsted

Hello Everyone, We had our OFSTED inspection at the After School Club yesterday and did really well. Yippee!!!! The Inspector was human, had a sense of humour even and really liked what we were doing. Feedback was all positive. Got a meeting about accredditation tonight as we are going for 'AIMING HIGHER', so feeling really positive, just thought I'd share my good week with everyone. :D
FARLEYS

suewhit 11-15-2006 08:50 PM

thats brill farleys well done. we have an out of school club alongside our pre-school so will be inspected for both. out of interest was their anything in particular they asked about ? we are due for ours any day so any advice appreciated. our development worker stresses that they will look at planning in a big way.
are you big or small , do you just run a school club or are you like us and run breakfast and holiday club. sorry for the twenty questions but it is so nice to find other playworkers
so pleased you got a human inspecor there is hope for us all. well done again
sue

Miss Muffet 11-15-2006 08:57 PM

Well done Farleys. :applause: You deserve one of these: :proposetoast: Cheers! :cheerful:

FARLEYS 11-15-2006 10:52 PM

thankyou. Suewhit we only do the after school club with up to 35 children age 4-11. they were looking at recording fire drills, have you included staff names and numbers when you record your drills, if there is more than 1 exit do you vary which door you use in fire practice? have you got a fire risk assessment? making sure all files were in a lockable cupboard and security to get into the building seemed to be the questions she was asking staff members. hope this helps.
FARLEYS

suewhit 11-16-2006 08:04 AM

thanks farleys went on a health & safety course and she said that was also what they were looking at as the fire rules have changed. gosh you have a lot of children in your club we are only allowed 16 at once though we do have 28 who attend over the week and our age range starts at 3.
hope we do as well as you when we get our ofsted visit
sue

FARLEYS 11-16-2006 10:26 AM

Suewhit, we are going for accreditation at the moment aswell, they are looking at the fire regulations because of the new legislation. Have you been given a leaflet on what the new legislation is? 'Fire Safety-The new Regulations, Risk Assessment and the responsible person' if not pm me as I've just got hold of one
FARLEYS

Ruthierhyme 11-16-2006 11:20 AM

Ohhh .. CONGRATULATIONS :D:D you (and the team!) deserve it soo much .. well done and big hugs :grouphug: from here :thumbsup:

FARLEYS 11-16-2006 10:29 PM

thankyou, I bought all the staff a box of chocs today to show my appreciation as we are a team that obviously works well together.