Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Ways of working in partnership with parents (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16258)

Bigkitty266 06-20-2012 03:09 PM

Ways of working in partnership with parents

The end is so near yet so far away :irked:

I am now on the last part of the course unit 24....

It says ..

List below differant ways of involving parents and carers in your work.

Ways of working in partnership with parents ...
How effective is this and why ??

there is space for 5 answers i think i have covered 2 of them :banghead:

tutu 06-20-2012 04:45 PM

think about things like parents observations. how they contribute to the learning journey, parent committee, emails etc

Bigkitty266 06-20-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutu (Post 48316)
think about things like parents observations. how they contribute to the learning journey, parent committee, emails etc

The two i have come up with are ...

Daily communications and exchange of information

Parents involvment in policies and decision making ..

I am not even sure if i am going in the right direction :bawling:

Welshieschick 06-23-2012 04:17 PM

what about adding about feedback from parents, for example getting them to complete feedback forms on the service you provide, getting them to have input on the types of activities they would like to see, even to encouraging parents to bring in family photo's or pictures of family pet's to use in wall displays as these are all methods of promoting working in partnership. Another idea is to add about encouraging parents to attend assessments that are being carried out, for example, as our Centre's Speech and Language co-ordinator, I have to carry out BRISC assessments and part of the parental consent gives the parent/carer the opportunity to say if they would like to attend the assessment so as they can see what their child is doing and can also discuss with me any issues that have been observed and it makes them feel more a part of their child's development. It is really important to also GIVE information to parents/carers regarding their child so as we, as practitioners, also give of ourselves in this important partnership x

lyn c 06-23-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigkitty266 (Post 48319)
The two i have come up with are ...

Daily communications and exchange of information

Parents involvment in policies and decision making ..

I am not even sure if i am going in the right direction :bawling:

Review meetings, all about me sheets (learning journals), photos of family members (learning journal) etc
parent/carer suggestion box
Parents to come in and talk about things like their jobs (fireperson, paramedic) , new baby, animals, music (if parents play an instrument) etc