Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Eymp 2, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15111)

hanaaa.a 02-07-2012 05:15 PM

Eymp 2, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3

I'm really stuck could anyone help please??

4.1 work alongside children engaging with them in order to support their learning and development.

4.2 Explain the importance of engaging with a child to support sustained shared thinking.

4.3 Use language that is accurate and appropriate in order to support and extend children's learning when undertaking activities.

Any help would be much appreciated

marieb 02-14-2012 12:40 PM

Did u have any help with this, I am also really stuck with this unit . Unit 13 4.1 4.2 and 4.3

Did u have any help with this unit, I am also really stuck with it unit 13 4.1 4.2 and 4.3:smile:

tutu 02-14-2012 05:28 PM

criteria 4 MUST be assessed in a real work environment not simulated. You shouldnt be writing about it. this is a cache rule

Ruthierhyme 02-14-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marieb (Post 44846)
Did u have any help with this unit, I am also really stuck with it unit 13 4.1 4.2 and 4.3:smile:

Hi, can you get in touch with your assessor to check what they're expecting of you for their visits?

Once confirmed, maybe cover this criteria with reflection, thought about how you do work alongside the children, your body language, where and how you stand, if you attract and maintain eye contact, the words you use - open ended and closed questions, descriptive, naming and mathmatical language, how you ensure children lead their own play and ensure adults are able to step back, not dominate what's going on.

Maybe research the phrase sustained shared thinking.

Open ended questions:
eg.
Why ..
How ..
What ..
I wonder ..

Descriptive language:
eg.
Pretty flower, fluffy brown rabbit, cool wind

Mathmatical and positional language:
eg.
Big, long, shorter, over, under, above, below, tall & taller, wide, length, heavy, light, nearest, furthest, take away, add together ..

Correct grammer, using plurals, past and present tense

Hth xx

marieb 02-15-2012 09:17 AM

Thank u :smile:

tru 02-15-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutu (Post 44863)
criteria 4 MUST be assessed in a real work environment not simulated. You shouldnt be writing about it. this is a cache rule

hi is that the rule for all assessors, mine only came to visit once and am nearly finished now,i had to write about 4.2 and 4.3.

tutu 02-15-2012 11:53 PM

i spoke to a cache advisor today it says very clearly MUSt be assessed in a work place simulation is not allowed. the ones who do this are lazy assessors and i bet proivate providers who are cutting costs. if they are EVd and it comes to light they will be sanctioned AND students must be more vocal THEY can and should complain to cache

tru 02-16-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutu (Post 44894)
i spoke to a cache advisor today it says very clearly MUSt be assessed in a work place simulation is not allowed. the ones who do this are lazy assessors and i bet proivate providers who are cutting costs. if they are EVd and it comes to light they will be sanctioned AND students must be more vocal THEY can and should complain to cache

ok thanks im doing my course with workforce development/northantonshire county council. i have tried asking several times at training sessions about visits and the fact that i have to keep writing about things that say demonstrate/setting based but never really get anywhere :(

Michelleh 04-29-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru (Post 44896)
ok thanks im doing my course with workforce development/northantonshire county council. i have tried asking several times at training sessions about visits and the fact that i have to keep writing about things that say demonstrate/setting based but never really get anywhere :(

I'm doing a work based course(CYPW Level 3) and my assessor has told me NOT to write anything if the questions starts with DEMONSTRATE as this is where she will observe me.

I'm just doing this unit and already have over half my points needed on questions 4.1 and 4.3 which must have been done with observations.

Hope this helps

Michelle

aristocrate 08-04-2015 08:12 PM

Maybe rules have changed, because I am writing about this right now, but it is saying 'write answers' in my task... my course will end after 10 days, so I guess no one will come to visit me for these questions :)

has anyone else did the 12 question list? unit 065 (eymp2) - 4.2, 4.3 and unit 068 (eymp5) - 2.1? I am a little bit struggling to find answers in a Penny Tassoni book and I am feeling like answering incorrectly right now.. :dizzy: