Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Level 3 Unit 052 5.1 Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15315)

duckegg 02-28-2012 02:09 PM

Level 3 Unit 052 5.1 Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice?

Hi all, i'm new to this site and im 2 months in to my level 3 and oh boy is it just me or is it hard. My brain is now frazzled and i just cant answer this question right! Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice.
I would be really gratefull for some help from anyone!!!
:hissyfit:

Ruthierhyme 02-28-2012 04:40 PM

Sch 32

================================================== =
Unit help for SHC 32
================================================== =

Hi, learning activities are doorways to knowledge. They can come in the form of support from adults, peers and the environment. Events that you've attended and are relevant to your sector. How they affect practice will depend on the learning activity's focus eg. working in partnership with parents, understanding children's behaviour, providing choices that promote health and well-being, how to network, work with multiple agencies..

In practice this means that every opportunity has a value and worth that might affect the way you currently practice ..

Self development plan and techniques for reflective practice on this thread will help.

Maybe look at what ..

-- what knowledge & understanding you have eg. self directed learning such as reading relevant articles or a books, informal learning such as observing colleagues in their practice, study days.. training courses.
-- your relationships with the children and young people in your care
-- how well you feel you work within a team
-- how you communicate with practitioners from other professions
-- the interventions you make and activities you run

Hth best wishes xx

Level 3 handbook search on amazon

super6 10-23-2012 12:36 PM

did you find ur answer.im **** at this.always needing help,im stuck now on this

Ruthierhyme 10-23-2012 01:49 PM

Hi, think of the learning opportunities that you've been part of - do you have a list anywhere?

What was the 'learning opportunity' about?
Was it a short training course, a meeting, an article in a book, an update to first aid, food hygiene, have you joined a new network, visited somewhere that's given you different ideas, has anything inspired you, have you learnt about why children might do things they do and how you're able to manage and respond to those things?

How did, what you learnt about change or re-affirm the way you practice as a foster-carer.

Hth xx

CityClaire 03-19-2015 11:38 AM

Hi there I'm doing diploma 3 and struggling on "Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice" any ideas please x

Biaspot 01-06-2018 09:45 PM

I am also stuck with it!!!!. It seams to be a snow ball.

Ruthierhyme 01-07-2018 01:27 AM

Hi, what's your course called, why did you decide to enrol on it and what have you learnt from it?

Other learning activities could be training days your setting has arranged, Maths, English or ICT courses. Consider what you've learnt from them and how the new information or knowledge has improved your practice eg. made you more aware of children's development? Imcreased your confidence when dealing with discrimination? Understanding children's rights? Working in partnership?

If it helps search inside this CYPW handbook for the words Learning Activities and click the link to page 38 where it describes different types and their possible benefits

Best wishes