Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   level 3 supporting teaching and learning in schools (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20856)

nicnocz17 02-05-2017 05:00 PM

level 3 supporting teaching and learning in schools

I am majorly stuck on unit 305 outcome 5.1 its a table and I have to read a school confidentiality policy and pick out key factors to complete worksheet 2. it is split into confidentiality, sharing information and data protection. for each it says considerations in my practice as a ta and responsibilities and legal implications. I have absolutely no clue! can anyone please help. feelin the confusion

Ruthierhyme 02-05-2017 05:46 PM

Hi first you need to ask your school/setting for a copy of their confidentiality policy xx

nicnocz17 02-05-2017 06:30 PM

I have it but unsure what info I should extract from it.

zoe26w 02-05-2017 07:00 PM

does it have to be completed as a table? it will give you less room for concise answers if so, so it will be really brief points of importance. which unit are you doing? mine are numbered differently so can't help from yours without the actual unit title x

nicnocz17 02-05-2017 07:11 PM

Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults is the title. yes, it has to be completed as a table unfortunately.

zoe26w 02-05-2017 07:44 PM

I've had that unit signed off, I didn't need to do a table, which question is it?

Ruthierhyme 02-05-2017 08:13 PM

Hi there are 8 principles to data protection - on ICO.org.uk

fair and lawful
purposes
adequacy
accuracy
retention
rights
security
international

read the policy and see what it says about confidentiality, what information does it say can be shared, and how are the principles of data protection applied ie. how long are records kept, why are they kept, where are they kept, who has access to them.

Hth

nicnocz17 02-05-2017 08:17 PM

I have completed the consideration in practice part. I now need to complete the responsibilities and legal implications part! would those 8 principles above go into the data protection part for responsibilities then?

this was the question:
Instruction: Read school confidentiality policy and pick out key factors that you need to consider in your role as teaching assistant to help maintain confidentiality and sharing of information on a need-to-know basis.

Ruthierhyme 02-05-2017 08:31 PM

yes, the responsibilities in the policy make sure you don't breach The Data Protection Act 1998 any breach would be breaking that legislation/law.

Look for information in the policy about how you handle details about children's learning eg. speaking only to named people - a parent or a grandparent. Making sure information is passed on to the correct person, stating how any records that contain personal information are stored correctly.

Hth

Marcima 10-30-2017 10:08 PM

Could you help me with Unit: Understand Child and young person Development