Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   How to lay out each unit (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6063)

S4d4f 05-25-2009 02:23 PM

my assessor want an a4 side of each question!!!!

samd 05-25-2009 03:16 PM

Hi

My assessor said about a paragraph for each question.

Sam x

tutu 05-25-2009 04:39 PM

THEY ARE NOT QUESTIONS
it says very clearly in the front of your cache handbook that the knowledge evidence are not just to be answered as questions. i spoke to cache about this last week and their response was if any candidate is being told to answer them as questions then they run the risk of being failed by the IV. the assessor ios supposed to ctivitly assess thse Ks by professional discussions, RAs, Q and As and SOME written questions not just point to them and say answer them. they should be posed as written questions by the assessor on a special sheet as part of a planned piece of work. they are going to be investigating this as apparently a lot of students are complaining that assessors are doing this and it is completely against the spirit of the NVQ.

jelly belly 06-13-2009 06:58 PM

I Have Have Just Done 301, 302, 303, 304 And 306 In 2 Weeks This Course Is Driving Me Crazy I Just Want It Out Of The Way So I Can Get Better Wage As I Am On £80 A Week

maz82 10-13-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutu (Post 21217)
THEY ARE NOT QUESTIONS
it says very clearly in the front of your cache handbook that the knowledge evidence are not just to be answered as questions. i spoke to cache about this last week and their response was if any candidate is being told to answer them as questions then they run the risk of being failed by the IV. the assessor ios supposed to ctivitly assess thse Ks by professional discussions, RAs, Q and As and SOME written questions not just point to them and say answer them. they should be posed as written questions by the assessor on a special sheet as part of a planned piece of work. they are going to be investigating this as apparently a lot of students are complaining that assessors are doing this and it is completely against the spirit of the NVQ.

This is exactly what my assesor did with my level 3!! Told me to answer them like questions. Starting my level 3 this wk so lets see how its goes!!

kirkycharlie 01-03-2010 03:48 PM

i am finding it hard my nvq 3 i dnt have a folder but do it through then envq website which i am finding a bit wierd as i only get work to do when my asser comes to see me

twinthing 01-29-2010 03:11 PM

I find it very confusing, my co workers all did nvq3 over the last few years, all 3 of them had seperate folders for each unit and one big folder for evidence....my tutor has given us on lever arch folder to put all the units and evidence in.....my co workers were able to get units signed off individulally were as I think I will have to submit the whole thing!!! not even sure when our tutor is even gonna check how much we have done and if we are doing it right!!! I have tutorials once a month and spend the rest of the time doing a couple of pieces of work a week......

kirkycharlie 01-29-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinthing (Post 26613)
I find it very confusing, my co workers all did nvq3 over the last few years, all 3 of them had seperate folders for each unit and one big folder for evidence....my tutor has given us on lever arch folder to put all the units and evidence in.....my co workers were able to get units signed off individulally were as I think I will have to submit the whole thing!!! not even sure when our tutor is even gonna check how much we have done and if we are doing it right!!! I have tutorials once a month and spend the rest of the time doing a couple of pieces of work a week......

at least u get a folder i cant do anywork as i have to wait till my assesser comes to observe me then given work to do she has only been to see me three times since sept i really want to get it finished

trace_80 03-24-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nat89 (Post 21203)
Im new to my nvq 3 childcare and getiing a bit stuck on the questions. how much should be written on each question?

HI you will need to write about half a page or more i asked people who already completed their level 3. Good luck with it.:smile:

deanna 05-17-2010 02:43 PM

Hi ya I read your thread, I am also doing my level 3 via the school I work in, I started my course in November and my assesor is only coming to see me for the first time on the 23rd of June. I have had no support and I'm doing everything by myself not knowing if I'm doing anything right. Im really nervous as I dont understand the knowlege, I dont want to sound to thick I do know about my knowlegde in the classroom and at work but I dont know what she wants me to do or hand in. Any tips? many thanks Deanna