Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   3.7 unit explain the importance of active partcipation of children and young people in decissions affecting their lives (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13238)

tinajpatterson 07-13-2011 07:40 PM

3.7 unit explain the importance of active partcipation of children and young people in decissions affecting their lives

explain the importance of active partcipation of children and young people in decissions affecting their lives?

explain how to supoort children and young people according to their age, needs and abilities to make personal choices and experiances that have a positive impact on their lives.

compare and give examples , ways in which services for children and young people and their carers take account of and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to promote positive outcomes.

please help need these be monday to complete really need your help.

Thanks T

wendy bob 07-13-2011 07:52 PM

hi tina

B/ examples of how services for children and young people and their carers take account of and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to promote positive outcomes.

My setting
By treating all families equally this as a positive impact on the child because they can see that their family is being respected and will raise the child’s self esteem. In my setting we promote different cultures and religions every year we celebrate the Chinese New Year and children are taught about some of their traditions and we make dragons and red envelopes with money in and this year in PE we even used materials for the children to dress at dragons and do a dance. We celebrate DIWALI and make lamps and we also did Indian dance in PE. My setting provides excellent equipment and resources to enable children to be included and the correct training of staff. We have wall displays about others counties and provide many books on other cultures and religions in the library we display work the children have done for parents to see. We adapt activities to meet the needs of the child and also adapt ways of communicating including visual aids, body language, and speaking slower and face-to-face.

Speech therapists promote this by providing different types of communicating methods. With the child and the parents.

Behavioural support will come into school and give information and advice on the best ways to tackle bad behaviour and they will also work with the parents/carers.

Education support services will monitor attendance and provide a link between school, parent/carers and pupils where necessary and they will develop a supportive relationship between them. They will give advice on issues such as bullying and also they will take legal action against parents/carers if their child is not accessing an education.

All these services aim to promote positive outcomes for all children and parents/carers
hope this helps a little x

wendy bob 07-13-2011 07:55 PM

hi again

C/ the importance of active participation of children and young people in decisions affecting their lives is you can find out what the child or family actually want or need. Its very important to listen to their views and communicate with parents and respect their points of view you need to communicate well with children and take into account that young children may use non verbal communication. If children and young people are given chances on what activity they would like to do they are making a decision which can help them become confident every week we let the children choose which part of the school they would like to go to for GOLDEN TIME they get to make the decision on playing at nursery, taking part in construction in class 2, clay modelling in class 1, drawing and colouring in the hall or small world in class R. It allows the children to make the choice by themselves building up confidence, self-esteem and social skills. Also on a daily basis children are given free play where they choose what activity they do last week one child chose to make a house for the three little pigs and while the other children did it quite quickly this child took two days to complete it and it looked fantastic she really used her imagination and if she needed any help with anything she asked, the class teacher took her to show the head master her work who was really impressed and she got to show it off in assembly the next day and got a super kids sticker she was very proud of her work and couldn’t wait to take it home to show her mum.

D/ to support children and young people according to age, needs and abilities to make personal choices and experiences you need to understand the child’s individual needs and capabilities for example a child in my setting who may want to do a certain activity may not be safe for another child to do due to their ability so that activity would need to be adapted to suit the child’s needs. In my setting we have a child who cannot walk and when she is given free choice to play and she wants to play in the sand or water trays we then place these on the floor so she can access them along with the other children. We provide plenty of opportunities to children to make choices to help them gain independence and confidence.

hope this gives you some ideas x

tinajpatterson 07-13-2011 08:07 PM

thank you i feel a little over whelmed so my brain thinks its going to explode its so close and i feel i have so much to do in such a little time but thanks to you and everyone else i might get this completed on monday.

Thanks T:With love:

wendy bob 07-13-2011 08:13 PM

good luck im hoping to complete for the weekend too x

lyn c 07-13-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendy bob (Post 38951)
good luck im hoping to complete for the weekend too x

Hi Wendy
Tina might be able to help you with your last couple of questions because Tina is doing a few last bits and bobs too!

Tina can you help Wendy with this question, i had it signed off during an ob and p discussion so not very much help.

2.1 Explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply to own work role.

Lynne

tinajpatterson 07-13-2011 08:43 PM

i did this on a pd/professional discussion but i think i used an example of a boy wanting to wear a dress but the girls said that he couldn't as he was a boy, the boy loves to dress in dresses play being mum and likes dolls i used this as an example how i followed the equality act 2010 the child is allowed to dress in a dress and shouldn't be decriminated against by the girls the children were sat down and explained to that children can play with any resourses if a girls wants to play with the car thats ok they are not boys and girls toys they are nursery toys so everyone can play with any toy. then we talked about how child a felt when the girls were discriminating agaisnt child a and was it a good idea the children said it was not nice and child a felt sad. i used another example of child b who has special needs and wears a hat to protect their head the children were discriminating because they said child b can't join in he can't say walk well. equality act 2010 disablility and that they look stupid with that hat on they would't let them join in their games so again immidatlety sitting down and again explained why child b wears the hat , how child b felt at being left out of games due to disablitlites , how child b can join in games with other children's help diversity is covered by expalining to the children about there families as not all come from the same country, cultures , books posters, dietary needs etc hope this helps but i did pd back last november but i used daily examples of my work

hope this helps not sure hope all goes well with completeing

wendy bob 07-14-2011 06:12 AM

thanks tina i look to deep into a question and i just need to write what i do on a daily basis with the children and families thanks again x

POSTmalone67 06-18-2020 07:34 PM

The importance of promoting active participation of the children or young people in the planning cycle.