Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Please help im so worried (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13057)

JVBEDDOES 06-18-2011 08:22 PM

Please help im so worried

Again I started this course in Sept 2010. when we first started it was stated that it was an eighteen mounth course. This has since been reduced to 10 months this has since been reduced to the beginning of July are original date was for the end of July. This has put a huge amount of pressure on myself and others, this alongside other factors that have arisin for example we had new students starting five months into the course which I felt un settled myself and others. Our assessor was also not able to start assestments until January. It also occured to me that our Tutor has been dismissing class an hour early every week since sept so we have therefor missed Xamount of learning hours.
Those of you who say you have had an extention please can I ask how you went about. My tutor just seems to say it will all come together But I can see that its not. Any advice would be most appericiated best of luck to you all.

jmima 06-18-2011 10:48 PM

Yikes! Talk about putting pressure on you! I don't think it's possible to just reduce the length of teh course like that so late on? I'd ask to speak to someone higher up the food chain that your tutor.

Im doing the course over 18months (will have completed my first year in July) and that's a hard slog as it is, so for them to shorten the deadlines like that seems odd.

No other advise, though. Like I said, if you're on top of your work and your tutor isn't taking your concerns seriously, go to the boss.

Good luck.

Claire36 06-19-2011 09:20 PM

Hi I started this course in September 2010 and I cant believe that I finished last week.

There's been so many times that I thought that it wouldn't be possible.

I learnt to use previous learning from my NVQ2 where I could, it's also good to make the most of your assessor when they come in and professional discussions are also useful instead of speading hours writing answers.

Good luck :With love:

persie 06-22-2011 06:58 PM

Ur assessor comes in? Ours started coming to college once every few weeks since easter for portfolio building! No private 1to 1 discussions, and she only came on board in december after there were problems getting police screening for an assesssor attached at my local campus
feel like screamng as I have also had personal trauma this year which has not helped

tinajpatterson 06-22-2011 08:04 PM

you can ask for an extention under these cercumstances we had with a lady last year her tutor was found not to be setting enough work and ignore her student so the lady got an extention to finsh her course do to it being found that her tutor had not meet her requirement you might need to go to your settings manager for help with this.