Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Promote Positive Behaviour - difference between proactive and reactive strategies (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13227)

Claire Louise 49 07-12-2011 01:23 PM

Promote Positive Behaviour - difference between proactive and reactive strategies - HSC 3045, CYPOP 41, Unit 115

Heya, i'm new to this & so confused :wide-eyed

CU1571

please help with - 2.1 explain the difference between proactive and reactive strategies?

midge99 07-12-2011 10:31 PM

Proactive and reactive strategies for early years settings

Explain the difference between proactive and reactive strategies
is this any good for you. I am just working on this unit now and finding it really hard.

Proactive Strategies

Proactive strategies are the strategies that are already in place to deal with behavioural problems. Proactive behaviour management is about sharing what startegies are with the children to make sure they know what's expected of them. Reasons children behave as expected could be that they simply ‘know’ what is expected of them or they ‘know’ the consequences for not behaving appropriately. Praise is the best way of promoting a proactive behaviour management plan. We need to give lots of praise for positive behaviour and logical consequences for inappropriate behaviour. The best way to let children know what you expect of them is to remind them every day, tell them the rules of the setting, discuss choices with them and don’t forget to praise them when they are behaving appropriately.

Proactive strategies include:
Rule making and boundary setting
Know how to undertake observations that identify events and triggers
Know policies and procedures
Celebrate and praise all children's accomplishments

Reactive Strategies

Reactive strategies are how you deal with an incidence of inappropriate behaviour at the time it occurs. We respond to the child’s choice and implement a consequence for inappropriate behaviour. No matter how good our proactive strategies are we will at some time need to use a reactive strategy. Consequences that are reinforced to children on a daily basis as part of proactive strategies will be carried out in reactive strategies. If a child makes an inappropriate choice then we must redirect their behaviour.

Reactive strategies include:
Use knowledge to manage an incident of conflict
Support children to achieve a positive resolution and agree ways to avoid conflict in the future

Hope it ok
Sheila

Level three diploma handbook for children and young peoples workforce

Claire Louise 49 07-14-2011 10:59 AM

hey thanks so much. I found all the core units easy but this stuff ive never heard of and my assessor is useless lol each question takes me hours lol I havent yet chosen any of my own units, the assessor said I have to do this one.

Thanks again x

Madiha 02-09-2012 01:40 PM

Thanks for sharing information ... Been very helpful :)

sammiekinnzz 07-04-2013 12:00 PM

this has been a great help :)

Mummy~of~5 10-17-2013 11:13 AM

Thank you - also finding the sudden change in questions and use of language a challenge !

Claremcgiv 06-06-2016 06:34 PM

is anyone doing positive behaviour EYE ?