Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 2 Cert & NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Finishing NVQ Level 2? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11061)

jessica 10-20-2010 02:48 PM

Finishing NVQ Level 2?

Hi everyone :wave:, hope all your course are going good :cheerful:, just wondering when all of you hope to finish your NVQ Level 2? I hope to finish mine before christmas x

Eyecatcher 10-20-2010 05:18 PM

NVQ need to finnish at christmas

Hi think everyone is trying to get their NVQ 2 finnished for christmas due to no more assessors as Lancashire county council our way has stopped the funding for next year making all the NVQ assessors redundant by December

jessica 10-20-2010 05:55 PM

Thanks for replying :D, I am not suppose to finish until march that is my deadline. But I would like to finsih before then x

mother theresa 10-20-2010 06:42 PM

hope to finish mine by christmas and then go on to level 3 its hard work but im enjoying it x

jessica 10-21-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother theresa (Post 33025)
hope to finish mine by christmas and then go on to level 3 its hard work but im enjoying it x

I hope to finish mine the same time aswell but i don't know if I can :wide-eyed as I have soooo much left to do :hissyfit:, are you going to do the new diploma then instead of NVQ?

mother theresa 10-21-2010 07:53 PM

i think so dont know if ill get a choice but i'll be the first 1 to do it in my setting so wont be able to ask anyone for advice :wave:

jessica 10-21-2010 08:05 PM

This is going to be my problem too, all the staff at my setting have the NVQ level 3 or are completing there NVQ level 3. So then I will be the only one who is going to do the diploma.

mother theresa 10-22-2010 10:21 AM

the 1 good thing is that we will have the most recent qualification which can only be a good thing when applying for jobs

jessica 10-22-2010 04:42 PM

That is very true lol, do you know when they are actually going to change the NVQ level 3?

charlotte1001 10-25-2010 05:39 PM

Hey, my deadline for my NVQ 2 is March too but my assessor thinks i should be done by christmas also!!
Im thinking about the dipolma also and have thought about the same things as you guys, as everyone at my setting is finishing the NVQ 3 or has already.
I think the dipolma starts at the begining of next year, however people already enrolled on NVQ 3 will oviously finish the NVQ 3 but i dont think theyre enrolling anymore people untill the new dipolma comes into place. I also heard the Key skills are changing and are becoming more envolved also.
Does anyone know if the diploma is also a 2 year course?
(im hoping i will find alot of help on here if i choose to enroll).