Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   EYMP 2 Welsh documented outcomes are assessed and recorded - foundation phase (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15748)

shellyjoe 04-15-2012 01:18 PM

EYMP 2 Welsh documented outcomes are assessed and recorded - foundation phase

EYMP 2 - explain how the documented outcomes are assessed and recorded.

Do I need to go into details about the different methods of observations used when assessing children, explaining their advantages and limitations?

AM I right in thinking that I need to - explain how I would evaluate/assess my findings of the observation by referring to the foundation phase outcomes to be able to develop a plan.

Do I need to explain how I will impliment the plan to promote the childs development?

So far i have put:

Planning for children’s development start’s with observations in order to find out the child’s previous knowledge, their interests and needs.
There are many forms of observations that can be carried out to allow us to collate the evidence we need to plan appropriately for the individual child.
Each method of observation has advantages and disadvantages of recording the child’s development, so it is important to use a variety of methods of observation for each child to gain holistic knowledge and understanding of the child’s development.

am I on the right track????????

Confused.com
Any help would be appreciated

Jeorgy 05-19-2012 07:52 PM

I need help with this too, did you have any luck with this question

shellyjoe 06-13-2012 02:39 PM

my tutor set me an observation project in the end that covered this but here is what i put before she set the project up. It is not completed but may help you a bit, also i am based in wales so u will need to look up EYFS not foundation phase if you are based in england

Explain how the documented outcomes are assessed and recorded
Unit 13 – 1.3

The Foundation Phase’s child development assessment profile provides a description of performance which are assembled into six developmental areas, these describe the course between ‘child development and ‘learning outcomes’ these are:
Personal, social and emotional.
Speaking and listening.
Reading and writing
Sort, order and numbers.
Approach to learning, thinking and reasoning.
Physical.

These description of performance, which contain each development area are made up of seven steps that cover an age range of 18 to
84 months. Although the child will be assessed between 36 months (age 3) and 60 months (age 5), it is necessary to include the performance details below and above this age. This is to cater for children who are at an early stage of development and children who are progressively more able in their development.

Planning for children’s development start’s with observations in order to find out the child’s previous knowledge, their interests and needs.
There are many forms of observations that can be carried out to allow us to collate the evidence we need to plan appropriately for the individual child.
Each method of observation has advantages and disadvantages of recording the child’s development, so it is important to use a variety of methods of observation for each child to gain holistic knowledge and understanding of the child’s development.

shellyjoe 06-13-2012 02:41 PM

you would assess your findings from the observation and this would allow you to develop a progression plan for the individual child hope that helps

jbc 02-20-2014 03:58 PM

hi i am new here, first of all this website it is great :) becuase it will helps alot. But can any one help me on this two question pls becuase i am stuck on it
1.2: Describe the documented outcomes for children that form part of the relevant early years framework.

1.3: Explain how the documented outcomes are assessed and recorded

and soon i am going to finish my course and an need to begin the cypop1 etc :/

Ruthierhyme 02-21-2014 09:52 PM

Hi, welcome to the site

1.2 - The early years framework that you work with will depend on your home nation - do you work in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales?

Once you've read through and got to know your framework the documented outcomes are all the goals or aims that your nation hopes its children will reach by a certain age.

1.3 How does your setting assess and record the outcomes? What record keeping happens to track & monitor children's individual development & achievements?

Hth, best wishes

Jessijones 06-26-2015 12:09 PM

Can someone help me on this question please its my last one and having trouble with it!
Eymp 1
Explain strategies to support carers who may react positively or negatively to partnership opportunities.

Jessijones 06-26-2015 12:19 PM

Does anyone know the answer to this question please??
Identify how other countries early years education programmes influence the main aims of the foundation phase