Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   additional support and advice about conflicts and dilemmas? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11523)

Racheleuro 01-08-2011 07:22 PM

additional support and advice about conflicts and dilemmas?

:banghead:HI all

Explain where to get additional support and advice about conflicts and dilemmas.Where could I go to for support and advice when dealing with a conflict between duty of care and an individual’s rights or needs?

Websites about specific disabilities, impairments or conditions
Experts associated with your local authority
Websites about children’s rights
Websites about adults’ employment rights
Examples of previous good practice

Any help would be welcomed, its NVQ level 3 unit 305
:hissyfit::banghead::fryingpan

Ruthierhyme 01-09-2011 01:06 AM

Hi, colleagues within your own setting maybe able to provide additional support and advice about conflicts and dilemmas, such as your manager. Page 43 of the Cache CYPW level 3 diploma handbook suggests these places for support and advice when dealing with conflict and dilemmas.

Local education authority LEA

Health services

Social services department

Charities such as NSPCC, Barnado's

SHC 34 unit information

Racheleuro 01-10-2011 07:52 PM

You are a gem

Thank you for your support and advise and for putting me in the right direction.

Thanks
Rach

ash-a- 08-24-2012 11:06 AM

shc 34 2.3

please help me im so stuck its unreal n am getting me self stressed!! :banghead::dizzy:

SCH 34 2.3 explain where to get additional support and advice about conflicts and dilemmas.... iv looked in the course book and there is just not alolt on information on this at al :(

Ruthierhyme 08-24-2012 01:37 PM

Hi, the list below contains suggestions to help you identify what, and who you might have available to you in your area. Build a list of places that you would personally approach to ask for professional support and advice
  • Your manager or headteacher or lead, supervisor, committee chairperson, SENCO?
  • Your setting's paperwork - policies, procedures, contract, publications, framework pages, laws
  • Your colleagues
  • Where appropriate the settings parent partnership
  • Advisory teacher services?
  • Your local authority and their online information - you can find it on direct.gov.uk
  • Social services
  • Charity and support groups close to you and maybe nationally/head office if the information you're looking for isn't found or not a relevant as you'd hoped.
  • Local safeguarding teams?
  • Local children and information services - early years development officers?
  • Local health visitor
  • Local behavioural support team
  • Child protection team
  • Other professional service providers: speech therapy, fire safety, police, life guard, rspca
  • Websites - NHS, DoH, HSE, CAPT, ofsted, CAB, NSPCC, businesslink
  • Trade union representative
  • Local library where reference and reasearch books might support new knowledge
Hth

janiceg68 02-20-2013 04:06 PM

Thanks - i'm doing this unit at the moment and the handbook doesn't have much at all. I was a bit stuck. This is great help. Thanks a lot.

Walshy57 01-29-2015 10:00 PM

I have listed quite a few people who can help, but do I need to explain how they can help ???

Ruthierhyme 01-29-2015 11:30 PM

Hi if the criteria you're working on begins with explain you will need to go into the hows and whys xx

Walshy57 01-30-2015 12:01 AM

Cheers THANKYOU I have added more about the help that is available. Hope this is gonna be ok xx