Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=272)
-   -   Level 5 Course/Text Books?? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17900)

littlemiss25 04-19-2013 04:24 PM

Level 5 Course/Text Books??

Hi...

I am studying for my level 5 diploma in leadership for health and social care and children and young people's services and was wondering if there are any good course/text books that anyone could recommend to me?

I have bought "Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services" by Tina Tilmouth & Jan Quallington

It seems ok, but was wondering if there was any other material I could buy to help me?

selena_2013 06-12-2013 12:33 PM

Hi

Do you find "Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for health and social care and children and young people's services" useful? Or does it explain, more about social care?

littlemiss25 06-12-2013 01:28 PM

It is useful to some extent but focuses mainly on the social care.

selena_2013 06-12-2013 01:34 PM

Thank you. I shall look into purchasing it.

Have you done units SHC 53 or M1?

littlemiss25 06-12-2013 01:36 PM

Haven't completed them but I am currently working on these. You?

selena_2013 06-12-2013 02:08 PM

I'm struggling with both units driving me Insane!

selena_2013 06-12-2013 02:10 PM

How did you, explain models of practice that underpin, equality, diversity and inclusion?

Analyse the effects of barriers to equality and inclusion?

Analyse the impact of legislation and policy initiatives on the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion.

I can't get my head, around this unit

littlemiss25 06-12-2013 02:41 PM

(your first question) - I looked at the meanings of each one separately of equality, diversity and inclusion, described them and then linked it to how I and my setting implements this.
For example: Inclusion is to have a feeling and a sense of belonging and to feel included in any environment they are in....having inclusion ensures that everyone has access to all resources, equal rights and is able to participate in any activities.
Then, the way equality, diversity and inclusion is supported through education is a key factor as this is how children and young people learn about themselves and others. Eg. They are taught about different cultures and how other children like them may be brought up/live in a different way to them; celebrating festivals such as Diwali and Chinese New Year are ways the children learn about others and respect their values and differences.

(your second question) - Analyse barriers you may come against - eg. language, disability, ability, accessibility of the setting, religious beliefs, staffing, budget etc and how these may cause potential barriers and how you would overcome these.

(your third question) - Haven't completed yet sorry. But I am going to look at the different ACTS relating to this question and my settings own E&D policy, look through it and see if my setting relates to the legislation and if it covers all the ACTS.