Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   TDA 3.6 Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16361)

jacitoria 03-27-2014 02:36 AM

Hi Penny thank you for helping with my query hopefully this will help with yours:
ensure individuals are valued and included, this enables
effective relationships to be established, supports all pupils to understand
cultures which are different from their own, encourages respect and acceptance,
increases global awareness; how to value and promote cultural diversity eg
using images which reflect a range of cultures, celebrations of festivals

I spoke about inviting parents from different cultures in to take part in Q and A sessions, EAL support for those that need it, at my school children say good morning to the register in different languages, use of assemblies, displays, books to celebrate different cultures, the importance of avoiding tokenism. Benefits are children begin to understand and value differences and that we are all unique and to avoid stereotypes etc

bron1311 03-17-2015 05:19 PM

hi can anyone help with unit 146.2 (champion equality, diversity and inclusion) need to do an 8 min presentation on
* challenge discrimination and exclusion in policy and practice
* the effects of discriminstion
* the impact of inclusion
* the value of diversity
* support others to challenge discrmination and exclusion
thanks in advance

Ruthierhyme 03-18-2015 11:23 AM

Hi, a productive way to go about this is to set yourself a plan xx

What do you want your audience to know about each of the aspects and how are you going to show them eg. powerpoint or hand puppets :)

Read through your setting's policies and procedures/practice to see how inclusive they are, what age group you offer a service to, what needs you're able to meet - disability, learning, cultural, religious.

Page 20 of the Heinemann level 3 STL handbook preview looks at equality, diversity and inclusion so you're able to research what these mean, how you feel about them and how you'd support and promote them through your work and communication with others xx

Link is to amazon.co.uk

Hope this helps a little

spooley3 01-06-2018 03:02 PM

Really struggling with the following for NVQ level 3 Residential childcare if anyone could help.

unit 2 2.4
Analyse how working practices with children and young people reflect national and local guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding.

unit 15 1.3
Why the voice of the child or young person has a central place in relation to rights and the role of advocates in supporting this

unit 15 2.1
Explain how current equalities legislation affects work with children and young people in residential child care.

unit 15 2.3
Analyse how and why children and young people in residential childcare can be subjects of multiple discrimination

unit 15 3.1
Explain how own role carries power in relation to children and young people and has the potential to infringe their right to equal treatment

unit 15 4.5
Explain how to use policies and procedures to challenge cultural practices that are discriminatory, harmful or illegal

alostsoul 03-06-2019 12:10 AM

Level 3 Diploma unit 304

in need help Asap as in I have 27 days left to qualify
can someone help me out it will mean a lot. :SOS help
3.1 - Use strategies to promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the setting with:
3.1a - Colleagues
3.1b - Parents/carers
3.1c - Children
3.2 - Use actions that model inclusive practice in:
3.2a - Planning activities
3.2b - Selecting resources
3.2c - Language used
3.2d - Cultural awareness
3.2e - Planning and carrying out physical care routines

3.3 - Support others to promote equality and rights

3.4 - Reflect on how practice promotes equality, diversity and inclusion
:banghead:

Jojo moore 09-05-2019 02:18 PM

3.1 explain how own role carries power in relation to children and young people and has the potential to Infringe their rights to equal treatment can anyone help plz

Trumpton 07-03-2022 10:50 AM

spelky~brooks Thank you so much. This really helped me to get started with my level 4 assignment, you're a superstar.