Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   child protection 305 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6969)

mayzo1111 04-29-2009 09:09 PM

child protection 305

have been thinking about this for a while and getting over run with home work. i have to list professionals and organisations (defining their roles) within the child protection procedure.i have written socail services, line manager,senco within the school headmaster,police,offstead,doctor,nurse,phychiatri st,nspcc,social worker,child family services,nutritionist,sure start,county council..are there any more?this is linked with 305 and is linked with k3p246 k3s252 k3m333.:hissyfit::banghead:

wishfulsinger01 04-29-2009 10:48 PM

DON'T MIND ME DOING THIS MAYZO1111----thought of re-editing this for you----so it is easier to digest....LOL!!!

have been thinking about this for a while and getting over run with home work.

i have to list professionals and organisations (defining their roles) within the child protection procedure.

i have written:,
¨Social services
¨Line manager,
¨senco within the school headmaster,
¨Police,
¨ofsted,
¨Doctor,
¨Nurse,
¨Podiatrist
¨nspcc
¨Social worker,
¨Child family services,
¨Nutritionist,
¨Sure start,
¨County council. Are there any more?

This is linked with 305 and is linked with k3p246 k3s252 k3m333

wishfulsinger01 04-29-2009 10:49 PM

Am Stuck On This Too...305 Is Abit Challenging 4 Me Also!!!

stephpez001 05-18-2009 04:00 PM

This is defo the hardest unit !!! :(

S4d4f 05-19-2009 01:06 AM

true!!! one of the most challenging units!!! language is too pro...for the likes of me...LoL

KinithsKids 08-12-2009 09:39 AM

Hi there,

I'm really struggling with most of this unit and I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me please?

tutu 08-12-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S4d4f (Post 21107)
true!!! one of the most challenging units!!! language is too pro...for the likes of me...LoL

if you are doing a level 3 you should be more than capable of using and understanding professional terms. you will be expected to liaise with other professionals and have to use the language of your profession. otherwise why do it? it is A level standard and we need good practitioners in the profession

carriesmad 08-12-2009 03:26 PM

Thought this forum was for helping people, not putting them down!

The list you've given seems quite comprehensive already, Health Visitor should be included though and also designated child protection person within settings other than schools.

sarahcrsby 01-13-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutu (Post 22965)
if you are doing a level 3 you should be more than capable of using and understanding professional terms. you will be expected to liaise with other professionals and have to use the language of your profession. otherwise why do it? it is A level standard and we need good practitioners in the profession

A bit harsh - we are all doing the job otherwise we wouldn't be doing this NVQ but for those of us like me who left school with nothing, had a big gap raising families and have gone back into work this is a massive step and the language of NVQ and some of the vocab is hard for us non academics.
Dont put us down or off - I feel too "thick" to ask my tutor silly questions sometimes which is why I come on here!
Good luck to all of you doing NVQ level 3 - it is hard and you can do it xxx

sjs 01-20-2010 03:34 PM

Would also like to say that this unit was a struggle, and I have A-levels! I think sometimes the wording on the questions can be a little baffling, and not all answers are the same although they may all be right. This site has helped me no-end when I have struggled, and am pleased to say that I have just finished 305! Wa-hoooooooo