Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   How To Start A Story (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5807)

MissHayley 12-26-2008 04:59 PM

How To Start A Story

Hey

I am so stuck on how to start my story lol.. My story is basically about healthy eating but it has the fruit and junk food as characters and the characters tell the little boy pointers to why it important etc.. Sounds pants I know but if anyone has any ideas of how to begin my story then I'd be greatful!

Cheers

x

SomeoneSpecial 12-27-2008 12:56 AM

once apon a time there was a very hungry little boy...

Ruthierhyme 12-27-2008 08:24 PM

I agree, maybe introduce a cutout / outline shape of a little boy and explain who he is and what he wants to know / do ..

Do you have a flip chart or maybe story sack resources to visually tell each step of the story ?

MissHayley 12-28-2008 10:32 PM

I have thought of drawing a grape and say something like "Hey, I'm Gary the Grape and I am going to be talking to you about healthy eating, here are some of my friends, this is Sam the Strawberry he is good for you because..." and the pics I do laminate them :]

Ruthierhyme 12-29-2008 04:27 PM

Sounds great, as does laminating the pictures. Are you able to involve the children physically with the story ?

MissHayley 12-30-2008 11:17 PM

Not so sure how I could involve children really.. I was going to do a memory game at the end with them too :]

wishfulsinger01 12-31-2008 12:51 PM

i made a story sack last year......it went really wel with the children

u can do something in the very hungry caterpillar format....like the boy eating the fruits ....hes ill at first and then coz hez having all the nutrients his health gets better....

SomeoneSpecial 01-01-2009 03:26 AM

make a funny action for each charecter and when you say the charecters name they do the action, they love this sort of thing and it will help those who are active learners

for example each time you say boy-they have to rub their tummy and say "yum yum"
each time you say grape-they have to clap their hands and say "splat!"

MissHayley 01-01-2009 09:06 PM

I love all the ideas what everyone has come up with, I appreciate all your help

Many Thanks

x

MissHayley 01-05-2009 06:41 PM

Hehe thought I'd give you all a little tastr of what my first page like in story/discussion lol

Hey there, I’m Barry the Bread, I am going to be talking to you about healthy eating. Would you like to meet some of my friends?
Oh before I introduce you to some of my friends I would like to tell you what I’m good for, can you guess? Bread has Carbohydrates in and this gives you lots of energy to run around the garden with.