Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Other Organisations (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12488)

Mockingbird 04-12-2011 11:39 AM

Other Organisations

Other organisations and professionals you will be, or are working with. (briefly explain their roles)

So far i have :

Social Services
Health Visitors
G.P's
Education Psychologists
Speech Therapists
Dental Hygienist
Primary School
Ofsted

Now my brain has died. Can anyone think of anymore ?

Thanks
Wendy.x

lyn c 04-12-2011 01:52 PM

Hi
Sorry don't know if you are meant to list for older children i think mine went from0 - 19 years so here are a few more;

Probation officer
pollice
school nurses
LEA (Local Educational Atthority)
NSPCC
youth offending teams.
not sure if it helps!

Mockingbird 04-12-2011 03:02 PM

Thanks, but i think i just have to list the ones relevant to pre-school :-)

lyn c 04-13-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockingbird (Post 36677)
Thanks, but i think i just have to list the ones relevant to pre-school :-)

Hi the police would be relevant to pre school (criminal procedings or access to the home if a child is in significant harm)

Lucky you i have been told that i have to do 0 - 19 years until i get to the EYMP units even though i work in a pre school (2 - 5 years).

Has anyone else been told they only have to do the age of the children they work with? (just wondering seems to be different rules). To be quite truthfull i find above 9 years old quite hard to get the information that is needed.

Jenna 04-13-2011 09:57 AM

I have to do all ages when i only work with 2-5 x

lyn c 04-13-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenna (Post 36696)
I have to do all ages when i only work with 2-5 x

Thats really strange anybody know why there are differences in the course structure?

Mockingbird 04-13-2011 11:22 AM

At the moment i'm working on the CWDC Induction booklet.. Some of it is being cross referenced into my diploma. Yesterday i had a professional discussion where i was told to talk about only what was relevant to my setting..

I'm sure when i start doing more to my diploma then i'll have to do all ages :-)

lyn c 04-13-2011 11:39 AM

Hi yeah sort of makes sense but since i started i had to write about all ages which is hard when you only work with 2 - 5 year old but i understand why.

I had quite abit about nutrition signed off an optional units about babies and toddlers but cant do that as an option because i need to be seen working with babies but not to worry because i would like to do options that i am interested in like inco and disability.

Mockingbird 04-13-2011 07:52 PM

How long have you been doing your diploma ?

lyn c 04-13-2011 08:49 PM

Hi
I started my diploma about middle of september.
When did you start yours?
Finding it quite time consuming but sort of enjoying it.
just wish i had more time but being a key person to a quite a few children that are going to school (keeping journals up to date), also have the inco job and have a couple of transition meetings to sort out and attending courses is very time consuming but love my job so can't complain really. Probably about a third of the way there but hopefully when i start doing the EYMP units and optional units i might find it less time consuming.
Finding out alot more info which i didn't expect to.

:reading: