Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training, Qualifications & CPD (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=245)
-   -   NVQ 3 finished - what next? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11536)

Gail the Snail 01-11-2011 12:44 AM

NVQ 3 finished - what next?

I have finished my NVQ 3 and am keen to progress but am a little confused about the next step. I work in a pre-school as a practioner and am led to believe that the NVQ 4 is being phased out, is this correct? Does that mean the next step is the foundation degree? I have also been told only 1 person in the setting is allowed to do this at a time and someone has just started it. It seems such a shame to stop my learning here as i feel i have more to give and more to learn. I have a degree in another field so feel i have the capabilities to continue my learning at this level. And then theres the question of funding? If anyone has any advice or could shed some light on relevant qualifications etc it would be much appreciated. Thankyou

tutu 01-11-2011 02:42 PM

work. embedding what you have learn lots of reading learning from others and especially if you did the nvq train to gain visiting other settings. then in a year or so think about applying for the foundation degree.
learning is not a race the capability to learn bears no relation to your processing of early years practice. you need to reflect and embed. a good college wont touch someone till they have Worked qualified at 3 for at least a year. if you already have a degree you will have to self fund or you could consider the eyps but every area does this different so you need to speak to your local early years team. if you in my area though i would say the above i am rarely interested in people who want to speed through their learning as doing the job post a course is where true ability lies.

Gail the Snail 01-12-2011 11:34 PM

Thanks for the advice tutu, i agree there is no accounting for experience. I was just looking to the future as i am in my 30's and feel i have found my niche and want to make a career out of it. I enjoy learning and want to better the life of myself and my family. I also care about the children and families i work with and want to learn as much as i can to provide the best for them. I will continue as i am and make the most of the CPD courses available to me. Then in a year or so who knows what might lie around the corner....?

Gail the Snail 02-27-2013 11:51 PM

Just thought i'd provide a little update in case anyone was interested in what i did next! ..... I worked qualified at level 3 for a year and then undertook the EYPS long pathway (fully funded) which i recently passed. :smile:

Ruthierhyme 02-28-2013 11:39 AM

Very interested in the update :) many congratulations on the continued development xx