Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Unit 6 1.3 CYP 3.6 role of outside agencies? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13455)

Jenna 08-11-2011 06:48 PM

Unit 6 1.3 CYP 3.6 role of outside agencies?

Hi guys, could anyone help me with this question please?

Describe the functions of external agencies with whom your work setting or service interacts.

I understand the question but our setting does not interact with any that are in the book?

I work at a playgroup so we dont have teaching assistants, educational psychologist etc that are mentioned in the penny tassoni book?!

lyn c 08-11-2011 08:05 PM

Hi Jenna

i had this one signed of on a pd with tutor.
Do you not have any outside agencies coming into your playgroup?
I work in a playgroup and we can refer children to The First Visiting Team or we sometimes have portage attend our setting.

You must have some form of advisor for additional needs come in and help with strategies to support the child and their parents.
do you have a speech and language therapist?

sorry i can't really help anymore. look on the internet to see what is available in your area. I work in west sussex.

Lynne

Jenna 08-11-2011 08:15 PM

Hi Lynne, so far I've written this:

There are many external agencies available to early year’s settings. Below are some of the agencies my setting interacts with:

OFSTED - Inspect provision of care in the setting. They ensure all of our staff are up to date on training, we are providing a healthy and safe environment for children and following the EYFS. Ofsted provide support and advice for staff and the setting itself.

Police – In cases of emergency the police will provide help and support. They will be contacted if a problem arose such as child missing, breaking an entry, suspicious persons and they may also be a point of contact if there is a suspected case of abuse or violence.

NHS & Health Services – Provides us with up to date information about any illnesses and medical outbreaks such as measles etc. They are there for information, help and support.

Health Care Professionals – Where a child has a developmental need, we often work with a range of health professionals such as speech and language therapists. Their function is to provide information and advice using different methods to help the child overcome or improve a difficulty.
Recently a speech therapist visited our setting before a child attended sessions at our playgroup. Together we made an in depth plan of action for staff to follow in order to help the child’s speech develop further.
The speech therapist will have regular contact with the child, parent and GP to ensure the best possible outcome for the child. We too can contact health professionals at any required time or if an issue arises within the setting.

lyn c 08-11-2011 08:22 PM

Hi Jenna
if this is who your setting works with, then you are doing this right because it is asking for your setting and this who is involved in your setting.

Well done your back on track

Lynne

Jenna 08-11-2011 08:37 PM

Yeah they are the people we work with. I am unsure as to what an external agency actually means?!

We have one lady who comes to see how our setting is progressing, she took my manager to view other playgroups in the are a few months ago to give us more ideas.. not sure who she was though?!

Could anyone else be involved that i am just not thinking of?

lyn c 08-11-2011 08:44 PM

Hi jenna
we have The Early Years Advisory Teacher (EYAT) and Childcare Support Co-ordinator (CSC). The EYAT visits and helps to support us with learning and development, and The CSC visits and talks about welfare, organisations and business. Some settings require more help than others so settings are given appointments as necessary. These People help support practitioners they have introduced the Annual Quality Improvement Review (AQuIRe).
we have an annual visit from them. (which is good )

It is anyone who is not working in the setting that helps you support the work you do

Lynne

Jenna 08-11-2011 08:50 PM

Gee, you have loads to write about then. Maybe il give my manager a txt over summer and she might be able to help me out lol as im a bit clueless.

Just another quick question.. unit 6, 1.6 Explain the assessment frameworks that are used in own UK Home Nation

The only assessment framework we have is the Common Assessment Framework isnt it?
Do i briefly explain how it is used and what it does?

Many thanks for suck a quick reply!

Jenna

kerrie D 08-12-2011 07:06 AM

Hi Jenna

WE also have the EYFS framework that we work to, and the Every child matters framework.

Kerrie x

lyn c 08-12-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenna (Post 39768)
Gee, you have loads to write about then. Maybe il give my manager a txt over summer and she might be able to help me out lol as im a bit clueless.

Just another quick question.. unit 6, 1.6 Explain the assessment frameworks that are used in own UK Home Nation

The only assessment framework we have is the Common Assessment Framework isnt it?
Do i briefly explain how it is used and what it does?

Many thanks for suck a quick reply!

Jenna

Hi Jenna
again didn't have to write about this because i attended a CAF course and had personal disscussion with tutoR.
There is also like Kerrie said the EYFS statutory framework (i would just look at the section that you need to that is in this unit e.g multi agencies.) Every child matters you would have allready wrote about that so if you have cross reference it.

however i have looked at the question and book and yes i would assume that is what is needed, Here is a link that you might find useful it is a downloadable document on CAF for practitioners:

https://www.education.gov.uk/publica...age1/IW91/0709

Hope it helps

Lynne

jayjay76 05-11-2014 03:35 PM

Hi can anybody help I'm stuck on cyp 3.6 question 1.6
Its driving me mad now. I've wrote some about caf but don't
Feel its enough. :)