Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Unit 22 outcome 5 benefits of a positive relationship during each transisiton stage (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12305)

cutiepie2010 03-22-2011 08:59 PM

Unit 22 outcome 5 benefits of a positive relationship during each transisiton stage

from moving schoo,l moving countries, puberty etc

Can any one help with this please this is the new diplomia level 3

tinajpatterson 03-23-2011 08:52 PM

Bereavement, serious illness or separation of a family can affect children and young people emotions. This can be displayed anger, and depression. They might even show aggression or be withdrawn. Physically they might suffer from a lack of sleep, have little or no appetite or they could possibly self harm. Older children or young people might cut themselves or something like drugs. Physiologically they might change behaviour this can include regressive behaviour, extrovert behaviour may be just uncooperative behaviour like slamming doors, staying out late or getting into trouble. Intellectual changes can include a lack of concentration, not joining in activities.

Moving into a new setting like changing schools, preschool to school, changing young groups or leaving care can be emotionally upsetting. Some children might be showing anxiousness at moving, sadness at moving and or loss of friends. This can change their behaviour younger children might show regression and clinginess. Children and young people might change behaviour and some might withdrawal other might show extroverted behaviour or illness. They might have a real illness or pretend so they don’t have to go. Older and younger children might have sleepless nights young children might have night mares, young people might be frightened of their future or where they might live. This can affect eating habits they might not have an appetite.

Moving home can be very stressful like moving settings children and young people can lose friends. They face the same emotional, psychical, physiological and intellectual affects as the moving settings but they also have the problem of a new county/country this can also affect them as they might be viewed as an outsider. Young people might self harm as they because of this.

Puberty can affect children and young people emotionally hormones are pumped into the body causing mood swings. Teenagers become more self-conscious and can become aggressive and behavioural changes that can cause some teenagers to experiment with drug etc. Physically the body will have growth spurts and sexual maturity will be reached as the sexual organs fully develop their bodies will look more like adults than children’s.
Evaluate the effect on children and young people of having positive relationships during periods of transitions

All children and young people need strong attachments as the theorist Bowlby has explained. They need consistency, trust and a good bonding whether it is with their key worker, teacher etc having someone that they can trust will make transitions easier for the child. Children with positive relationships on transitions can have long term positive impacts of their ability to cope and be more resilient. They are likely to be more successful academically and socially they will feel cared for, valued and respected their learning development will continue instead of dip. They will feel more confident to explore and have self esteem and confidence so feeling more relaxed. Children will feel able to make new friendships. Young people might feel they need guidance and will not be afraid to ask for help even on sensitive subjects. If a child has good transitions early in life this will make it easier for transitions later in life.

shakira 11-13-2011 09:59 PM

Wow thank you so much this really helped me !!:thumbsup:

TinyTurtle 11-14-2011 09:23 PM

I have just started my level 3 diploma and have found this very helpful!! :thumbsup:

Natalia 11-15-2012 03:49 PM

thank you! tinajpatterson !

tinajpatterson thank you so much! big help! :With love:

bex_86 08-01-2015 11:13 AM

All the support you lovely people give on this forum is absolutely amazing, I am currently doing my second unit for my level 5 and cant thank you all enough for all the help you provide. What an amazing support system this is, thank you from the bottom of my heart xx