Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   moral development birth to 19 - cypw 3.1 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12894)

natalie85 05-26-2011 08:30 PM

moral development birth to 19 - cypw 3.1

could any one help me please with this part
moral development birth-19years an explanation of the sequence and rate
i have done all the others areas but struggling with this one
thanks

lyn c 05-26-2011 08:52 PM

Hi

Yeah I struggled with that one and just handed it in this is what i put but still a little unsure but might help you:

Sorry have got a few for o-12 and 1-2 but can't remember what they were and tutor has them until 13th june so if you need them ask again and if you have different ideas could you let me know just in case i have to add more.

0 -12 Months.

1 – 2 Years.

2 – 4 Years. Children understand the word “no” but will choose not to accept it.
Children are aware of the roles of the adults e.g. teachers / parents (they make the rules and have the authority.)
They do not understand the meaning of the word consequences.
They do not understand right from wrong.

4 – 7 Years. Children do think of others but mainly for adult approval.
They start to understand and use rules (especially when it is useful to them e.g. if a sand timer comes to an end they will be quick to say its my turn etc.)

7 – 11 Years. Children start to tell others the rules and inform adults when a rule is being broken.
Are aware of consequences of their behaviour.
They can follow rules and boundaries.

11 – 13 Years. They understand the need for rules (so that everyone is treated fairly).

13 – 19 Years. Understands about rights and wrongs and consequences of actions.

Lynne

Page 54+ of this CYPW leel 3 handbook

natalie85 05-26-2011 09:00 PM

thans for your help, there was just a couple i hadnt mentioned, on the same lines as you.
i hant got any thin you havnt done yourself, very similliar.
im getting so stressed with this, theres an awfull lot of work to it
thankyou

tinajpatterson 05-27-2011 07:47 AM

I have done this 1 go to search put moral development or development in find my name on the search list their is a brill web site some wonderful person gave me

sara31 05-28-2011 05:08 PM

HI HOPE THIS HELPS THIS IS WHAT I WROTE ON MINE.Moral development
Age range Explain the sequence and rate of development
0-3 months –
3-6 months Show joy by smiling, cooing and laughing when fed comfortable or safe.
6-9 months Show joy by smiling, cooing and laughing when fed comfortable or safe crying when distressed or unhappy.
9-12 months- No understanding of right or wrong, starts to understand word no.
1 - 2 years - Sensitive to adult approval and disapproval, despite tantrums and bursts of anger. No understanding of right from wrong, but understanding yes or no.
2-4 years - Beginning to know right from wrong. Is more self-controlled and less aggressive. Uses extreme verbal threats such as, "I'll kill you," without understanding full implications. wants to be good, but is not yet mature enough to be able to carry out most promises.
4-7 years - Is interested in being good, but may tell lies or blame others for wrongdoings because of intense desire to please and do right. Is very concerned with personal behavior, particularly as it affects family and friends.
7-12 years - May experience guilt and shame. Has difficulty admitting mistakes but is becoming more capable of accepting failures and mistakes and taking responsibility for them. Is aware of right and wrong; wants to do right.
12-16 years - Knows right and wrong; tries to weigh alternatives and arrive at decisions alone. Is concerned about fair treatment of others; is usually reasonably thoughtful; is unlikely to lie.
16-19 years - Experiences feelings of frustration, anger, sorrow, and isolation. Is confused and disappointed, state values and actual behaviors of family and friends; May be interested in *** as response to physical-emotional urges.

natalie85 05-28-2011 08:09 PM

thanks for that sara, added a few more bits to, think its done now. x

shell loves cats 01-15-2014 03:59 PM

for anyone struggling with this, i spoke to my assessor today asking what to do for moral and she says there isnt really anything to write for under 3's, its basically to do with understanding others and their views and feelings. own opinions. and a simple example she gave me was... vegetarian/vegan (thats to do with someones view/opinion)

womble 04-05-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell loves cats (Post 56415)
for anyone struggling with this, i spoke to my assessor today asking what to do for moral and she says there isnt really anything to write for under 3's, its basically to do with understanding others and their views and feelings. own opinions. and a simple example she gave me was... vegetarian/vegan (thats to do with someones view/opinion)

Thank you so much, I've been looking everywhere and couldn't find anything for the under two's. This thread has been really helpful :With love:

shell loves cats 04-05-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by womble (Post 57234)
Thank you so much, I've been looking everywhere and couldn't find anything for the under two's. This thread has been really helpful :With love:

glad ive been able to help.