Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   level 3 online course (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20212)

misscow22 01-10-2016 09:48 PM

level 3 online course

Hi, I am just wondering if there are any of you out there who are doing the level 3 course online. I am curious how you are finding it, whether you get any support from the tutor you are provided with etc.
xx

Andreia 01-12-2016 01:39 PM

Hi misscow22..

Im doing it online..
Im almost at the end, and this forum had helped a lot!
Are you just starting it?
Andreia

misscow22 01-12-2016 07:08 PM

Thanks for replying, I started about five months ago and I am really struggling with the assessments. I dont get any support from my online provider unless I need to contact them for any reason.
How have you been finding it? Does somebody have to come out to assess you or do you fill out a form etc?
I just feel like I'm out on my own and really having a down moment with it all and I have seven months to finish it and its taken me this long to just complete the first two assessments which are 12000 words!!!!
I really dont know what I would have done without this site I think I would have gave up long ago.

Andreia 01-12-2016 07:39 PM

Hi why you only have 7 months to finish it? I'm struggling more now at the end.. but all my assignments I have passed ok. I never ask my tutor about an assignment, I do it, and if its missing something she send me a message saying it, with some tips then I research again and send it back. Like one time when I had to write about the EYFS and I wrote about the old one, then she said I should write about the new etc.. stuff like that. BUT I bought a book from amazon, and it helps a lot.. it has everything, is great. Which ones are you struggling? post it here and maybe we can help you. Dont give up.. and yes I have to be assessed by a tutor.

Nannyami911 01-15-2016 12:11 PM

I am doing it online, my first assessor was awful so I complained until they changed her, the one i have now has been brilliant. I think it depends who you do it through.

misscow22 01-16-2016 07:28 PM

Andreia, I only have a year to complete it so it all has to be completed by July. I also have to submit the whole thing off not just each assessment as I was so thrilled when I had completed the first assessment and I emailed her and I was told I have to submit it all, I could have cried.
As far as I am aware nobody comes out to assess me either I have to fill out forms with the teacher whose class I help out in and put it in my evidence. I absolutely love my placement in school but thats only one morning a week due to me having two small children not yet in full time school, I do more hours when I can and if I didn't enjoy being in the school so much I really would have gave up by now.
I'm just plodding through the health and safety part now there is so much research to do it just feels like its going to take me about three years. How long has it taken you to nearly complete it?

Nannyami911 does your tutor now make any contact with you to see how you are getting on? Its been about three months since I last heard anything and that is only because I said I felt like I had no support or guidance and that I didnt have any clue as to what I was doing.

Thank you so much for replying, I have been struggling with it all lately, so thank you

Nannyami911 01-16-2016 08:38 PM

I kicked up a fuss but i am in contact with my tutor all the time.

tutu 01-18-2016 03:11 PM

ho can you pass with one morning a week? you need 350 hours in a variety of placements?

misscow22 01-19-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutu (Post 60680)
ho can you pass with one morning a week? you need 350 hours in a variety of placements?

Not according to who I am doing it with, I do more hours when I can get my children looked after but pretty much one morning a week.

elmatmawd 04-07-2017 12:54 PM

i have just started and feel so lost :( I don't even know how to start a new thread/post on here xx