Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Level 3 CYPW SCH33 2 1 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11995)

kirsty 02-24-2011 06:33 PM

Level 3 CYPW SCH33 2 1

Any advice on this question: Explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply to your workrole
I have a list of leslislations, e.g childrens act, equality act, race relations act etc but I've spent hours researching & finding it difficult to start & to know what to include. The legislations are so long winded & often difficult to understand!! Any ideas on useful website with them all in easy to understand language!! Any help would be appreciated. ive finished the rest of that unit & want to get it signed off!!

Kirsty:dizzy:

Heidi 02-25-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirsty (Post 35355)
Any advice on this question: Explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply to your workrole
I have a list of leslislations, e.g childrens act, equality act, race relations act etc but I've spent hours researching & finding it difficult to start & to know what to include. The legislations are so long winded & often difficult to understand!! Any ideas on useful website with them all in easy to understand language!! Any help would be appreciated. ive finished the rest of that unit & want to get it signed off!!

Kirsty:dizzy:

You've done all your research (as you've mentioned above) now you need to explain how you apply these findings to your workrole - how you carry out your work with children whilst adhering to the law and rights of a child.

Look at your policies and procedures to see how you (and your setting) are covering/following statutory acts and guidelines.

Then give examples of how you are going to put your policies into practice, i.e.
equality act - equality policy - procedues- actual practice

So do you welcome and include all children and their families into your setting?
How?
Do you ensure that you treat each child equally, individually and cater for their needs?
How?

Look at the acts/subjects that you decide to cover and go along with something such as I've written above : act to policy, policy to practice.

That will show you know the act, you understand the act by having policy/ies (that covers it) and you understand your setting's policy by implementing the procedure to carry it out.

kirsty 02-25-2011 08:08 PM

Many thanks for that. Will see how I get on!!!!:thumbsup:

tracy webb 07-11-2011 08:12 PM

HI There,

Really struggling on this aswell, did you manage to complete it,
could you point me in the right direction

Donnas childcare 10-25-2011 11:53 AM

this one has got me if possible can you help me out please x[