Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   EY's Downloadable Documents (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Child development plan - CYP 3.2 task 1.4 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14808)

Fryti 01-11-2012 11:07 PM

Child development plan - CYP 3.2 task 1.4

Hi everyone!

I am really struggling with this 1.4 task from CYP 3.2. Develop a plan to meet the development needs of a child or young person in the work setting. How such a plan looks like? Can't find any examples anywhere, I kind of know what it should contain but have no clue about the layout. The table? Bullet points? It's doing my head in! :banghead:
Please help!
Thanks in advance!

Ruthierhyme 01-12-2012 11:16 AM

Hi does this help start things for you - example child development plan

A plan can include
  • Child's name, date of birth or age
  • Who if anyone has a dedicated professional responsibility to support the child and family.
  • What interests you witness the child exploring.
  • What information parents, carers and the child provides to support a plan.
  • Why a plan is needed, what it hopes to achieve for the child & family.
  • Activity ideas and experiences that would engage & extend interest
  • Resources that involves
  • Location - if indoors, outdoors, home, setting, childminders
  • Role and responsibilities for practitioners involved with the activity that the child engages with.
  • When the plan will be reviewed
  • How long the plan stays in operation, before being reviewed, adapted or modified.
Level 3 handbook guide search on amazon.co.uk - affiliate link

Focussing on strengths from hands on Scotland

Excellent international reading from USA's PennState's Better kid care.psu.edu

:shootings Exploring developmentally appropriate practice

:shootings Applying developmentally appropriate practice

:shootings Professional confidence

For general interest there is also a
creative / physical activity planning sheet here which helps examine focussed activities Example or sample forms - adapt for physical activity, personal, social & emotional, communication & language ..

Observation sheets

Tracking children's movements - adapt to reflect your setting's layout

Best wishes, a warm welcome to silkysteps xx

Fryti 01-12-2012 10:06 PM

Thank you so much!!!! It's very very helpful! Going to make a plan for a child with asperger's syndrome :) I've got the book by Penny Tassoni but I am finding it absolutely useless.. Not much in it and the research I do myself provides much more info. I think I am going to get the one by Miranda Walker, it's very well written, lots of information and all explained in simple way.

Silkysteps is absolutely amazing!

Have a lovely evening:) XXX

Hopeful 01-19-2012 04:45 PM

Thank you so much this has also helped me, I've been racking my brain :thumbsup:

mumof2insalford 01-24-2012 09:47 PM

I've got the book by Miranda Walker its not helping me at all i wouldnt waste your money :smile:

Fryti 01-24-2012 10:21 PM

So we are probably better off finding our own resources I reckon! My assessor told me that Walker's one is more helpful for peple who's English is not a first language and it helps with cross reference while the Tassoni's one is more academic, has only basic info in it and no cross references.

dawn42 01-18-2013 02:56 PM

I'm struggling with 1.4 where it says that the 'plan should feature: encouraging child or young person to take responsibility for own development' Would really appreciate any ideas xx.

Ruthierhyme 01-18-2013 09:04 PM

Hi, this could be activities such as

toileting
handwahing
dressing
undressing
being with others
making choices - to be physically active, resting, selecting resources

Welcome to silkysteps xx

caryl5 02-13-2013 11:53 PM

Brilliant thanks so much :)

michellerob 09-18-2013 11:21 AM

Have been struggling with this area of unit 2 also, so this has helped me too. Many thanks.