Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Help on unit 7 4.1 and 4.3 the importance, meaning and examples of equality, diversity, inclusion (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13373)

oakleaf1 08-01-2011 12:03 PM

Help on unit 7 4.1 and 4.3 the importance, meaning and examples of equality, diversity, inclusion

:banghead::banghead:
Hi i seem to be banging my head agains the wall with this as their is so much infor i don't know where to start or even what is best to write.
PLEASE HELP with these questions:dizzy:

Its under unit 7 question 4
Understand the importance of equality,diversity and inclusion in promoting positive outcomes for children and young peolpe.

4.1 Explain the meaning of equality,diversity and inclusion in the context of positive outcomes for children and young people.

4.2 Compare,giving examples, ways in which services for children,young people and their carers take account of and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to promote positive outcomes.

lyn c 08-01-2011 06:38 PM

Hi
yeah sorry cross referenced the first question with SCH33 (2.8). i was told that i could cross reference this question with the other unit.

Question 4.2 i looked at a policy and answered questions about my setting such as

Admissions.
Our setting is open to all members of the community
• We advertise our service. In the past we have done this via a leaflet drop within the local community.
• We provide information in clear, concise language, whether in written or spoken. We have recently had join us a family with English as additional language so when parents need our help, we speak to an auntie via a telephone call and she translates to the parent, this works really well. Recently the child has had transition problems requiring forms to be filled in so we helped the parents with this.
• We provide information in as many languages as possible. We recently got funding forms for a parent in an additional language. The children also get a treasure basket which is a gift of books, we were able to get the treasure basket with a book in the child’s home language.
• We base our admissions policy on a fair system. When a parent is asking to be put on the waiting list, we right in the date that the parent has registered so this enables the children at the top of the list to get a place first when the child is at the right age to start.

hope it helps a little if not let me know and i will put the policy on here for you to adjust yourself

Lynne

oakleaf1 08-01-2011 09:26 PM

Hi
Thank you,I will check to see if i have any info at home,but if i haven't a copy of the policy would be greatly appreciated. .X,

lyn c 08-01-2011 09:35 PM

okay let me know, my copy is here
http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12656

Lynne

Sazza79 03-23-2014 03:11 AM

A summery of Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Discrimination

Diversity: Diversity recognises that although children may have things in common with each other, they are also unique. We must ensure that we recognise and value children's differences. Diversity consists of visible and non-visible factors, which may be personal characteristics such as background, culture, personality, or characteristics that are protected under discrimination legislation in terms of race, disability, gender, religion and belief, sexual orientation and age. By recognising, understanding and embracing our individualities, and moving beyond simple tolerance, we can create a productive environment in which everybody feels valued.

Equality: Equality means treating children in a way that is appropriate for their needs. To cater for all children's needs within our setting without treating them in a way that is worse than other children. (younger children, special dietary requirements).

Inclusion: Equal opportunities for all children, whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, ability or background. Particular attention to the provision made for, and the achievement of, different groups of pupils within a setting. (e,g - EAL, mobility requirements, visual ability).

Discrimination: Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their membership in a certain group or category. (e,g – physical disability, religion, race).