Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=272)
-   -   Unit 418 Knowledge Spec (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4234)

crebcreb 06-02-2008 09:09 PM

Unit 418 Knowledge Spec

Hi everyone!
I have just started my NVQ4 and have got to have a professional discussion with my tutor on unit 418 the knowledge specification and am a bit stuck!!! If anyone can give me some pointers that would be great!!
Cheers! crebcreb
:dizzy:

SomeoneSpecial 06-02-2008 09:20 PM

im not exactly sure what knowledge specification is but my advice is to read through any notes or guidelines you have on it and when discussing it be able to give detail and an over view of what it is, how its used, its effectivness, advatages and disadvantages etc so if your tutor says something you can agree in some ways but also point out and talk about other views.

sorry , hope this helps

sparky 06-02-2008 10:56 PM

Can you give us more of an idea of which part of 418 you are having problems with? I've had that unit signed off so should be able to help

crebcreb 06-03-2008 07:02 AM

Hi, I'm a bit confused about the unit in general - is it all about OFSTED?? Sorry, probably sound really thick!!!
xxx:fryingpan

sally23 06-03-2008 07:51 AM

When I do professional discussion with my tutor I make a copy of all the knowledge and understanding questions then write notes under each questions, which I then refer to when I do the discussion which is recorded.
Not sure what 418 is about but think it could be one of my optional units I will check my folder later:reading:

Ruthierhyme 06-03-2008 09:21 AM

Hi, and welcome to Silkysteps

CCLD NVQ4 Unit 413 - Co-ordinate and support the revision of policies, procedures and practice for registration and inspection
From CWDC.

Looks interesting :D lol

Again I'm not sure what's required but to know how, and how often OFSTED inspect, who & where the local service contact points are and how to implement action plans may be a starting point ..

The Keynotes sound like an excellent idea, let us know how it goes

Ruth
xx

sparky 06-03-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crebcreb (Post 12886)
Hi, I'm a bit confused about the unit in general - is it all about OFSTED?? Sorry, probably sound really thick!!!
xxx:fryingpan

I tackled this unit by looking at our last ofsted report and our ofsted action plan. I wrote about how we had worked to change things.

A lot of the knowledge can be covered by looking in depth at how you operate to satisfy ofsted.

Look at the knowledge requirements individually and write notes as to how it affects you in your setting.

K4P1038 - all about legislation and how your setting meets ofsteds registration and inspection criteria. I went through all the standards and wrote what we did to meet them

K4P1039, K4P1040 - have you changed any policies to meet ofsted requirements if so write about them

K4P1039 - What powers do ofsted have?

I found this unit really easy compared to 403!!!

Hope this helps

sally23 06-03-2008 09:49 PM

I agree Sparky
Im struggling through 403 at the moment :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

crebcreb 06-04-2008 02:54 PM

Thanks everyone - you'va all been really helpful and I definatley understand a lot more! I will let you know how I get on - fingers crossed!!! xxx

sparky 06-04-2008 08:38 PM

My assessor took my file away again today. I just have bits of 402 and 403 to do then i'm finished!!!