Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   People (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Richard Johnson Illustrator (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2764)

Ruthierhyme 07-26-2007 07:13 PM

Richard Johnson Illustrator

Illustration portfolio of Richard Johnson ..

Stunning work ~ The small picture .co.uk :cheerful: redircts to Richard's new website:

www.richardjohnsonillustration.co.uk even more stunning

Miss Muffet 07-26-2007 08:35 PM

Absolutely beautiful. Imagine a few of those hanging in a small persons bedroom...:cheerful:

Ruthierhyme 07-26-2007 09:27 PM

:cheerful: I know !! I am sooo tempted to order one of the posters from Children in the picture .. don't know if they accept paypal though !

Ok you convinced me .. I've emailed to ask about paypal :wink: lol

Just found a cool interview on there by Richard Johnson and one by Tony Ross :D

mellonmellow 07-27-2007 02:03 PM

'the butterfly catchers'

This is my favorite one. I think I'm going to order a print of this.

Miss Muffet 07-27-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme (Post 7814)
..... Ok you convinced me .. I've emailed to ask about paypal :wink: lol ....

Don't go blaming me!! :blush: :laughing:

Ruthierhyme 08-02-2007 01:27 PM

Order process

No paypal unfortunately ~ Link to our advertising Press Release here ~ Inclusion Poster by Richard Johnson & 'In the Picture'

The poster costs £5.00 inclusive of P&P :cheerful: and you can Order it by sending them an email !

inthepicture@scope.org.uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll update the information here if the order process simplifies and you can make a direct payment to them or if the address details are published & cheques can be mailed straight in :D

Jayne 11-03-2007 01:35 AM

Lovely work, it's giving me lots of arty inspiration. Is there any particular size a book or printer would need for reproduction? Or paper?

Thanks

Jayne

Ruthierhyme 11-03-2007 04:50 PM

The higher resolution the better I believe !!?

I only ever used to work with web compatable images and they are about 72 - 96 dpi (Dots Per Inch) but now use a max of 300dpi for a much better colour quality print - I think that's the minimum requirement a print company will ask for though !!

My business cards look cool but I've not seen them done any higher than the 300dpi - because I do a lot of downloadable graphics & files .... size matters :D !

Do you know any of the print guys that have a good explanation on all this ?

Jayne 11-04-2007 12:46 AM

Nope, that went right over my head :D

I mean, if I painted a picture, like a watercolour. Does the paper have to be a certain size for printing? I don't do computer artwork, I do the real stuff with pencils and real paper...lol

I quite fancy trying some children's books illustrating and was fishing for info on how I can do them without scary computer stuff.

Jayne :thumbsup:

Ruthierhyme 11-04-2007 11:07 AM

lol .. I have no idea !!

I draw all my larger pictures freehand on A4 paper then scan them in to the PC to edit !!

Need a beginners guide on illustrating for print :D also wondering if Aunt Mable & Pippin/Come Outside ever did a 'How to be an illustrator /write & publish a children's book ' type programme ??

I was once sent these two links:
Publishers Association
The Society of Authors
They may give more insight into the illustration - published process !?:dizzy: